Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Custom adjustable upper control arms

Post Thanks / Like

Custom adjustable upper control arms

I am looking into having adjustable upper control arm ( uca for google) built for my Gen1 GMT, front end. I am talking with a shop that specializes in race suspensions. I wonder if others would like to purchase as well? Would this be desirable for Gen2 owners? What would be important in the design as far as adjustability, materials and design? Anything we should avoid? I have asked the shop if I/we can sell the kit after mine are done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flickery8 View Post
    I am looking into having adjustable upper control arm ( uca for google) built for my Gen1 GMT, front end. I am talking with a shop that specializes in race suspensions. I wonder if others would like to purchase as well? Would this be desirable for Gen2 owners? What would be important in the design as far as adjustability, materials and design? Anything we should avoid? I have asked the shop if I/we can sell the kit after mine are done.
    I'm afraid that there is a gentleman here that has already developed the part(s) and kit that you're talking about having done. If you need a set of adjustable arms, he can definitely help you. If you're here to try and sell parts that you don't yet have the requirements for, then you may not be in the right place. But who am I to say?

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I'm afraid that there is a gentleman here that has already developed the part(s) and kit that you're talking about having done. If you need a set of adjustable arms, he can definitely help you. If you're here to try and sell parts that you don't yet have the requirements for, then you may not be in the right place. But who am I to say?

Mike
    I don't want to develop or sell parts. Hoping to get a proper alignment someday and moving the uca tabs is not a guarantee. I just want saw Mike's post (is that what you are referring to? I have crashes shim kit already) and am excited! Considering I have car #72, this is way overdue, but I hope the details on this mod come out and are succesfull.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flickery8 View Post
    I don't want to develop or sell parts. Hoping to get a proper alignment someday and moving the uca tabs is not a guarantee. I just want saw Mike's post (is that what you are referring to? I have crashes shim kit already) and am excited! Considering I have car #72, this is way overdue, but I hope the details on this mod come out and are successful.
    Cool. I sent you a PM. If you'll reach out to the forum member that I mentioned, I think you'll be glad you did.

I was! I should have the parts on my car in 3 or 4 weeks. I'll post pictures when I have the arms switched out.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081