BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dream Come True!

Post Thanks / Like

Dream Come True!

11034896_10204993039559523_4370627528103923278_n.jpgSo after about 20 years, I am finally the proud owner of a FFR MK4. It arrived on Wednesday and work immediately began. After 2 1/2 days, my son and I have spent about 20 hours working on it. I never realized how long it would take to drill and rivet 1000 times. We have both been very sore but it is well worth it.

I am using a 1996 Cobra donor along with a base model. I have also purchased some new items just because it is simpler and I feel a little safer with them. There were a few items on back order (like the front springs) but we have managed to move forward without them.

We have ran into a few little snags here and there, but I have been able to work around them. Still having trouble trying to understand how the accelerator cable connects to the pedal box wall. I am sure there is a connector mixed in with the parts, I just cannot find it. Also had a little trouble with the brake pedal hitting the square tube. Some minor shaving fixed that.

If you have any ideas about the cable, please let me know. I am sure it is something very simple.
    Last edited by Paul R; 03-21-2015 at 12:00 PM.

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Paul,

Congratulations to you and your son. I'm sure he understands that this is a very good investment of time for him (Ha!). My cable is pushed through the outside front foot box and is captured via a groove in the cable flange: held by a "C clip". Mine is a MKIII but I bet they are similar. I just happened to have the inspection plate off. There will be many more little hang ups but it's part of it. BTW, if you don't have an air driven pop riveter you should invest in one. Just makes life a lot easier (ask me how I know).

Good luck on the rest of your build and enjoy it,

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously considered the air riveter. The 1/8th are not too bad. The bigger ones are a bit tougher. May go get one this week.

Master Builder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Harbor freight 39$ cant be beat !!

Kenny