Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Body mods on the hard top coupe

Post Thanks / Like

Body mods on the hard top coupe

The hard top looks absolutely fabulous and I cant wait to receive my coupe post August. Its a stunner of a car and it will be great to build this car with my sons.

There are two areas however that niggle me and I wonder if anyone here can provide some insight, or some first hand accounts on them.

1) The door meets the roofs upright pillar in an offset position.
    2) The door struggles to follow the lines of the front guards.
    DSC_6621-694x413.jpg

I couldn't see it in the flesh at open house so relying on pictures of the coupe limit my ability to see any of the complexities that underlay these points on the body.

Do you think that the upright pillar behind the door can be moved to create straight line from the edge of the door upwards instead of an offset?

Can the front guards better follow the lines of the door/or the door follow the guard?
    __________________________________________________ _____________

That man is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose

Post Thanks / Like
    i did not look real close at the first thing you are talking about but the fender did look funny to me but i think they need to still work on it is real flat from top to bottom where on the old fender it is more rounded in the middle

Post Thanks / Like
    I've noticed the pillar thing on every picture. I think if you tried to push it back, it would be very difficult if not impossible to get the window to roll up properly. Best bet is probably to paint that upright black as it is on many cars (look at the C7 Vette, Cayman, 911, or BRZ for a few examples). Then tint the rear windows and it should blend right in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billjr212 View Post
    I've noticed the pillar thing on every picture. I think if you tried to push it back, it would be very difficult if not impossible to get the window to roll up properly. Best bet is probably to paint that upright black as it is on many cars (look at the C7 Vette, Cayman, 911, or BRZ for a few examples). Then tint the rear windows and it should blend right in.
    Good suggestion.

That man is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose