Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Brandwood Cable Shifter Routing question/install thread

Post Thanks / Like

Brandwood Cable Shifter Routing question/install thread

Hey Y'all,

I'm about to install the Brandwood cable shifter I got, as well as write up a short install guide to put up on gtmwiki.com ..
    Does anyone have pics of how they routed their cable, and/or how they mounted the shiftbox to the frame?

I know Shane gave a pretty good verbal description but as they say, 'picture is worth...'

Sasha

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, I tried to mount the bracket on the G50-20 and got this:

Whats up with it touching the frame even before the bolts are tight? Did I get the wrong bracket, or?

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some pics of the cable shifter installed in the car I'm working on now. The only thing you can't really see is that I do have a bolt thru the FFR shifter bracket into the cable-shift box....it's hidden by the frame tube in the pic----it's right above where you can see that I've got the corner of that FFR bracket cut off to clear the bolt sticking out of the side of the cable shift box.

As for the trans bracket, I don't know what has happened there, as I've installed many of these and never had clearance problems there, but I also had that same problem with this latest one.....so I'm guessing that there has been a change in the way Brandwood is making this bracket and they need to go back to whatever they were doing before. Nothing a bit of creative force can't cure.

Also, you can see how I've routed the cables. The large one...yes, I know it's ugly there.....but it needs to be routed as far from the exhaust as you can get it. I wrap the cable in foil-faced fg wrap from the trans end all the way to where it overlaps the alum panel next to the engine. The small cable is run next to the oil pan (also wrapped).
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    The large one...yes, I know it's ugly there.....
    Eh I bet it'll be fine if you wrap it in bright red electrical tape...

Otherwise thanks much for the pictures! Sounds like I'm going to reach out to brandwood... Hopefully he's easy to contact.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is how I mounted mine. I pop riveted some 1" strap to the underside of the frame rails. Then added pop rivets to the box on top and 2 on the side. Very rigid. I tried to match the forward location with the stock pivot location.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just an old man with a great hobby

6. Thanks RR46 thanked for this post