FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wilwood Rear Brake Install

Post Thanks / Like

Wilwood Rear Brake Install

Well folks I called Wilwood and they told me to call FF.
    Of course its after hours and they aren't answering.
    Has anyone used the wilwood kit on their 33 and if so was it part number group 140-12049.
    I am having an issue where the flange bracket won't line up with flange. I can get 2 bolts on either side but not all four.
    Did anyone else have the issue?
    I'm hoping it's a bracket issue and not a rear end flange issue. I ordered the rear end from Fortes so I'm hoping it's not the rear end.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the FF Wilwood 4 wheel brake kit in Sep 2011 and the part number was 15361 (Factory Five ordering number) which, as far as I can figure out, is your part number for the rear brake kit. I also used the Moser rear axle from Factory Five. I had no problems with the installation.

What rear axle are you using?

Wayne P.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bought my Wilwood front and rear brake kit thru Levy Racing. No problems. Ford 8.8 rear and 15 in wheels.

Chuck
    Chuck

Mk1, MK3, Hotrod, Gen 3 Daytona Coupe, RF GT40
    Hang Up and Drive

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britpit View Post
    I bought the FF Wilwood 4 wheel brake kit in Sep 2011 and the part number was 15361 (Factory Five ordering number) which, as far as I can figure out, is your part number for the rear brake kit. I also used the Moser rear axle from Factory Five. I had no problems with the installation.

What rear axle are you using?

Wayne P.
    Wayne,

I got my axle from www.fortesparts.com. He seems to be very knowledgeable on FFR kits and has a shop not to far from FF.
    The instructions book I have says:

Combination parking brake caliper rear brake kit with 12.19" diameter vented rotor
    Factory Five Roadster/Challenge 8.8" axle
    Part number group 140-12049

The part that doesn't fit for me is listed in the instruction booklet as 250-12052/53, Bracket, flange(pair, one each, right and left).
    The part itself is stamped with 13580/13579.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking into wheels at the moment for my build and I'm intrigued by what chuck just said, Wildwood brakes + 15" wheels. Wildwood says on their site about their brakes for the 33 that the min diameter of the wheel must be 17"+. I'm new to all of this, was that just them being over cautious to make sure the assembly fits or did you , chuck, have to do modifications in order to have them fit or are your brakes not the ones FFR supplies. The listed size of the front assembly for the brakes is 14.6" + .16" min clearance. So if it does work without modification and do fit why have the bold red text on the site and numerous *'s saying min 17" BTW chuck it looks like we both have aircraft/fighter inspired builds, great to see, gave me some food for thought.��
    My build site : www.ScootinThunder33.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Folks….i have heard a distinctive pop which signified that my head had just exited my a$$.
    I was trying to follow the pic in the instructions which of course was no where close to how it actually mounts on the car.
    I had to rotate the bracket 180 degrees and I was able to get everything lined up without issue.
    I had some issues clearing the rotor with the caliper bracket, however adding 2 more spacers solved that issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    3dguy

Brakes fit with no modifications. Must be a different setup than that sold by FFR. Check with Levy Racing.

Chuck
    Chuck

Mk1, MK3, Hotrod, Gen 3 Daytona Coupe, RF GT40
    Hang Up and Drive