Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wheel Offsets?

Post Thanks / Like

Wheel Offsets?

So I have done enough research to understand what the wheel offset is, but how sensitive is the 40mm offset recommendation?

I found some Drifz 302MB FX wheels I like, but the offset for the 17 x 7.5 rims is 42 mm and the 18 x 8 is 35 mm.

Does the 2 mm in the front make a noticeable difference? Does it increase or decrease the chance that the tires will rub?

My guess is that the 35 mm offset on the rear tires will bring the tires closer the suspension. And based on the stock wheels, it does not look like there is a lot of room to play. Will the 35 mm offset create a problem?

I thought about using the 17 x 7.5 rims all the way around to avoid problems with the width.

If you hold the 40 mm offset as gospel it really limits your choices of wheels.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check the wheel and tire thread. Lots of offset examples of what works there.

More offset brings wheel closer to suspension, less offset brings closer to fender. Offset alone doesnt mean anything... You have to weigh it in with width.

At a high level, for an 8 or 8.5" wheel, generally you will be ok with a 35 to 45 offset front and back. The 45 offset may require a small wheel spacer depending on wheel width. Also, Wayne sells offset rear trailing arms which give more clearance there for higher offsets and wider wheel widths.