FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818 alignment specs

Post Thanks / Like

818 alignment specs

Hi there! i am wondering what everyone running an 818r is running for front alignment specs. I currently have an 818s and i am trying to figure out how to get more negative camber in the front. I currently have a 1/2 inch spacer in the control arm for the free caster mod, and we also cut out 3/4 on an inch on the front of the upper control arm. Doing this, I have only been able to obtain about a degree maybe a little more of negative camber. I asked this in the regular suspension forum, and didnt have any sucessful responses. I was wondering what all the R guys are doing for this. thanks

-Ryan

ok so far the only way ive been able to achieve any kind of decent negative camber is to bolt my aluminum 06 wrx sedan control arms in the holes for the wagon arms. This in addition to cutting the front adjuster sleeve by 3/4 inch got us a large amount of negative camber. any down sides to changing the mounting point like this?
    Last edited by philly15; 03-29-2015 at 04:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    When we measured, we found that moving our aluminum control arms to the wagon holes did not leave us enough threads in the tie rods...be careful with that. We measured and found that the threads in our 02 WRX tie rod thread is just over 2".

The front of the upper control arm is the castor adjustment, the rear (shorter piece) is the camber. We cut down the shorter piece by a total of 1/2-3/4" (both the threads and the black nut) and we are now at about -2 front camber. The front adjustor is not bottomed out and is actually showing quite a bit of thread in order to get more castor. After autocross runs with 26 psi in the front (245 series tire on 8" wheel), a tire probe showed that the center of the tire on the front was running the hottest, followed by the inside (camber worked!), and coolest on the outside. We will probably experiment with dropping the pressure further.

In our build thread, basically #563-581discuss our alignment and the results.

We are running our suspension at the S height, with the exception of our red Koni shocks with are in the R-holes. We get a 1" static drop with race tires and sit at a 3" ride height in the front, 4" with our street tires.
    Tamra
    Building 818SR #297 picked up 10/25/14 with Andrew (xxguitarist)
    First start 12/21/14, First "drive" 1/17/15
    First Dyno at EFI Logics 3/7/15- 310whp at 15psi for break in, full spool by ~3500rpm!
    First autocross 3/29/15
    1st Registered 818 in Connecticut 7/24/2015. 9 months - 1 day from kit pickup!