Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 33' Roadster Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

33' Roadster Build

Well,
    I have gone and done it now, I ordered a 33' Hotrod for delivery in August as i will be out of the country most of the next 3months.
    I have a 1966 Dodge WM-300 4X4 that I just finished in November of 2014 it was a body off restoration upgrade. 4 cylinder 3.9BT Cummins engine NV5400 transmission NP200 transfer case and 3:89 axle ratios, it's a beast and fun to drive.

Now I am ready to tackle what I have always wanted since I was a teenager a 33' Roadster. Engine will be a Ford 302, 350 HP with a Tremec T5Z transmission. I hope to read about some of your builds and problems / troubles and all what you would do different.

Dodgeman
    Last edited by Dodgeman; 04-22-2015 at 12:36 PM. Reason: wrong style of build Hotrod not Roadster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations! I am guessing you got in on the current 50/50 sale? What a great deal.

There are tons to read on here and on the other forum, and if you get a chance find someone close by who's got one you can look at and talk to about the build. Although since you'll be out of the country, that might not be so easy. :P

Jay

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on the decision. You will enjoy the build.
    Doug
    Built FFR5196 MKII in 2003, 427w
    Building FFR0058HR, Edlebrock 347-AOD

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Dodgeman, good luck and have a great time! I am 1.3 years in and kind starting to wonder what I am going to do with myself when I'm done. If you happen to be located in the pacific NW and want to see one in progress let me know.

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! gotta love that tow vehicle. I thought about a 3.9BT in my lassie truck (58 D100). It has the flat 6 with an A833 OD in it for now. Rides better with the hemi in the back If you keep the Dodgeman handle you gotta put a 340 in the rod...

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats and welcome! Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Dodgeman
    Welcome to the forum
    I grew up at the local dirt tracks hearing Hemi's every Friday night and I couldn't build my 33 without putting a hemi in it.
    in my case it's a 6.1 stroked to 7.0 L but I did have a 6 pack made for it as an homage to the 340's set-up
    Enjoy the build and add a location to your header so you can meet builders in your area for local support.
    Dale
    Hemi 33

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Guys,
    Thanks for the welcome. Just got back in town, while I was away there is a nagging question that has come up. What headers will work with a 302 / 350HP engine? I ordered the side pipes in the 33 Hotrod?
    Also I cannot figure how to add my location or an avatar, could someone guide me.

Dodgeman
    Last edited by Dodgeman; 04-22-2015 at 12:35 PM. Reason: wrong car stated should be Hotrod not roadster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well finally back in the good old USA after working overseas (Russia Saukalin Island) for ExxonMobil. While I was there, extensive flood water damage to my garage and house, insurance company did not want to replace garage only repair, town I live in said that it is condemmend and to tear down after 6 weeks of haggling (wife and Insurance company agreed to tear down and rebuild). I had to push back delivery date of car & engine to mid September. Old garage torn down new pad in and waiting on footers and concrete to begin.
    I am retiring after 43 years with same company in September.
    Garage is 40' x 30' air conditioned with a 10,000 two post lift can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    New garage 20' x 40' x20' tall is nearing completion, wiring an insulation completed this week, doors scheduled for 9/3/15 lift and A/C going in week of 9/8/15.
    Engine is going to be delivered week of 9/8/15 from Engine Factory 302-350 HP carbureted with a T5z manual tranny.
    Car scheduled to load out week of 9/14 and delivered by Steward Transport.
    I'll attach photos as soon as I learn how.

Bob