BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: First Look At FFR 818 Coupe Painted - Work Shop School - Green Grand Prix

Post Thanks / Like

First Look At FFR 818 Coupe Painted - Work Shop School - Green Grand Prix

Congratulations to the Workshop School for their 818 high MPG results at the Green Grand Prix

They posted a Youtube which includes some really cool views of a painted 818 Coupe. Nice job!

Last edited by FFR-ADV; 04-19-2015 at 01:33 PM. Reason: video did not show correctly
    The 818 will make you feel like superman
    ... which you are not ...
    And will send you into the afterlife quicker than anything if you think you are
    ... to the sound of Darwin laughing

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Mega kudos for Factory Five for working with these kids, especially on an important development project like the Coupe!
    > Design critique: I like the plan view wrap-in at the rear (shown very well in your photo), which makes the upper look smaller and more intimate. Not a fan of the extreme A-pillar width. The students, with their black painted top surface, have provided a possible fix: make some of that black paint run down the pillar - reducing its apparent width.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations to the Workshop School and the nice 818 Coupe they took to the Glen.

I like the idea they used of a VDub Diesel (and transaxle?) for this effort. On the highway that TDI would just be loafing along.

Best wishes to this group.
    Tom Veale

Post Thanks / Like
    They do nice work, great program for the kids!
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    So awesome! So glad to see they are still going strong and you have the hard top out! The "1-8-1" looks amazing. That guy filming needs a little help.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks great.

It was my understanding that there were supposed to be changes coming to the front end to go along with new 818C orders. This looks to be a coupe hardtop applied as a retrofit to an original 818S. I think we have more changes to look forward to seeing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was very happy to join the FFR community just based on the tech support and builder enthusiasm - but this is just too cool. Very proud that FFR is supporting the Workshop School. Wish they had these sort of programs around when I was a kid!
    "Weight transfer is the enemy."

Executive Director
    The Community Garage

Post Thanks / Like
    This car was completed I'm pretty sure last year. They posted some time last year that they were also developing their own hard top, looks like they abandoned that for the FFR top. I don't think Dave would let photos of the rumored front end changes get out so easily.
    Attached Images Attached Images