Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cooling System Pipe

Post Thanks / Like

Cooling System Pipe

I am not going to be using the FFR supplied corrugated cooling pipe system. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a short length of rigid pipe (stainless steel I think) for use with the radiator hoses. I am going to utilize the "Berquist" system with standard hoses and a rigid coupling. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    onlinemetals.com and Mcmaster-Carr come to mind
    Tim.

Knowledge is good-Faber.

I'm so broke I can hardly pay attention-Me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look up scrap metal dealers in your area, they should have what you need OR try a muffler shop. I think you could use aluminized exhaust pipe in place of the SS pipe.
    Chris
    If it's too LOUD....you're too OLD!!

Build Site >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/51103049@N00/collections/

FFR#0441CP Complete Coupe kit, IRS, T-5, 392ci 351W, Webers, Delivered 4/29/09

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris, A special thanks to you for your hose part number identification. Makes the task much easier! I am going to order a length of aluminum pipe from online metals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then, look up the various methods that have been devised to put the retaining ridge on the ends, to help hold the hose.

The Nut

Post Thanks / Like
    Joe A

Check with Breeze Automotive first. They sell a real nice upper aluminum hose section with beads on each end that is connected with hose to the outlets. I didn't care for the corrugated pieces either and especially the short hose connectors. Heard too many stories about them popping off. I used Pegasus blue silicon racing hose for the upper connectors along with a billet filler section. On the lower I used a short section of aluminum pipe (also from Pegasus) and welded a boss on it for a drain. Connected them all together with flexible hose and nary a problem in 6,000 +/- miles. Somewheres in FFR archives under News and Events, I think page 5, under Bill L graduates Type 65 Coupe #421 you'll find pictures of my car that show the engine compartment with a clear view of the hoses.
    Bill

Coupe #421, Picked Up 11/15/08, started 1/1/09 - Rebuilt mildly massaged 302, T5, 3 Link, and Loads of Extras