Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thread: starter wires. please help

starter wires. please help

So I tracked down the yellow start wire and ran the cable from the battery to the positive end of the cylinoid. I'm having troubles with the instructions telling me to splice 2 red wires to the fuse box. do I connect both of these wires to the positive end on the cylinoid? and where do the other ends of these wires go? there are two yellow wires in the fuse box do I cut those off and connect them straight into the fuse box? the instructions are extremely unhelpful lol.

Okay. So I was looking through the instruction book for a pic of the fuse box hoping it would give me some indication of where it would go. There is a 3 pin plug with a blue wire a blk/wht wire and a red wire. It looks as though I would connect a wire from the positive end of the starter and connect the other end where the red wire is on the 3 pinned connector. Is this correct?

What year donor did your wiring come from and do you have the factory manual with wiring diagrams?

Its a 02 impreza. I don't have the wiring schematics. It will turn over if the ecu is disconnected. While it is connected the check engine light flashes and there are 4 or 5 relays all over the place clicking in a pattern and it won't turn over...
    I don't believe the car an alarm or anything like that..

you can find the manuals here if you want.....

http://ken-gilbert.com/impreza-manuals

They provide info on anything you want to know and were great source of info to me. Including complete wiring info.

The yellow wire goes to the solonoid spade connection.
    The double red wire they are talking about..... they are referring to the connection between the fusebox ring connection (bolt connection) which on my donor wiring went to the positive battery terminal.
    I mounted my fuse block and relay panel in the front of the shifter tunnel, so very short distance to the battery positive terminal.
    They are probably connecting it to he starter battery connection to save you the wire all the way to the front battery if you mount your relay panel where they suggest (near the gas tank).
    Harley
    Bought 2002 Donor Jan 2014
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

I have come to this point in my wiring and have the SAME question!

Does anyone have pictures of how this is connected?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsonmj View Post
    I have come to this point in my wiring and have the SAME question!

Does anyone have pictures of how this is connected?
    Here is what I have of the red wires on the starter side and the fuse box side. The yellow attaches to the spade terminal on the starter solenoid.

IMG_0902.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG
    Last edited by RDRP; 03-17-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks for the answer. However, I can't get the pics to open on my end? Can you PM me them?

I truly appreciate it. Even though I mostly a lurker, EVERYONE on this forum, past and present, have definitely helped me with my build!

Sorry about that. Images are updated.

Well, I got a little over zealous in my wiring diet and eliminated the Trigger line (Yellow wire with Spade connection) probably thinking it was an airbag at the time. I dug it out of my wire box and connected it to the starter, can someone confirm where the other side of the trigger line (yellow) connects?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsonmj View Post
    Well, I got a little over zealous in my wiring diet and eliminated the Trigger line (Yellow wire with Spade connection) probably thinking it was an airbag at the time. I dug it out of my wire box and connected it to the starter, can someone confirm where the other side of the trigger line (yellow) connects?
    Yellow line connects to the starter interlock relay (B105 on the 02-03 harness, B225 on the 04-07 harness).
    Starter.jpg