BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: t-56 vs t-56 magnum fitment question

Post Thanks / Like

t-56 vs t-56 magnum fitment question

I had posted this in the "Engine & Transmission - 33 HotRod" section but doesn't seem like anyone has an answer.

I wanted to see if anyone knows what the part number is or where to find an original t-56 transmission (the one normally used with the kit). I'm also considering and hoping that the t-56 magnum will bolt up the same as the stock t-56, is this the case or will i run into problems? I'm aware of many people modifying the transmission tunnel and drive shaft but is there anything else that i have to worry about? any other insight, experience, words of wisdom about this would be great as well, thank you.
    My build site : www.ScootinThunder33.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I searched the tremec website for T56 and found an dimension entry for the mangum in an online service manual. there were also online service manuals for the 'standard' T56 which I didn't download but hopefully that data is there.
    Daily Driver 2011 Ford Mustang Convertible
    Donor 1997 Mustang Coupe
    Someday a Type65 Street Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    I see some people with T56 Transmissions. Apparently the Driveshaft will require modification. I have asked several questions but really have gotten no detailed response. Even those that have done it do not see eager to share the pics.