Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2015 Huntington Beach Cruise-In pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

2015 Huntington Beach Cruise-In pictures.

Here is few pictures from today cruise-in..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey There! Had lots of fun meeting everyone today and getting to see all the cars this year. As you all know there were SO MANY cars and SO MANY pictures so here are mine and I encourage EVERYONE to join in and post what they have! Will post more as I finish them but I spent a few hours converting them for the internet so HERE WE GO!

Theres a terribly long process to go from different file type to smaller, smaller, and then smaller file size. Hopefully I'll get it down to a one click process but I haven't quite made the right application for it yet ....

IMG_7304_5_6_tonemapped.jpegIMG_7409_10_11_tonemapped.jpegIMG_7547_8_9_tonemapped.jpegIMG_7627_8_9_fused.jpeg

I will upload the all the other ones in a sec, but I thought I'd give a taste...

Post Thanks / Like
    This is always the wrong weekend for me-- thanks for posting the pictures!
    FFR Mk II 4437
    Finally on the road, 8/12! SVO Crate 302, IRS, EEC IV

Post Thanks / Like
    We arrived a bit early; I wanted to find parking and be there when the cars came rumbling in. As a result, we got to see and hear about 25% of the cars as they were directed into parking spots. My wife's a graphic designer, so her things are shape and color, and there were about half a dozen cars that really caught her eye. It was interesting hearing about the show from that perspective. I'm nose down in blue and red Cobras checking out engines and build details, and for her, it was about the gorgeous orange-ish Cobra Coupe, a couple of Cobras that had subtle tones in their greys (one was actually a cool grey-green, another a lighter silver with a hint of lilac), etc. One '33 Hot Rod that had largish grills on the sides (engine covers) parked down near PCH caught her eye (she said it broke up the flat slab-sidedness of the body).

We noted details...one gorgeous yellow GTM with an unfortunate splitter break, but its owner was kind enough to remove the wing and show off his really nicely done engine compartment (that aluminum piece covered a lot of bits and pieces and looked very pro). I haven't seen the cobra coupe roadster before (a yellow one was parked down by PCH). That full-fendered red '33 with the insane blower was tended by a college professor grading papers while her husband wandered around visiting the other cars. When he came back he pointed out that he'd needed to build a whole structure to support each of the fenders and the running boards, and that he'd painted the thing in his driveway! Nice that some folks brought their projects half done; it was great to see both cobras and GTMs without their skins.

Had a late breakfast at the Sugar Shack (the Kepler was Killer) and since our table was right on the sidewalk, we were able to do some people watching. We finally packed it in a bit before 2 pm, and headed for a shopping center we'd seen up where Beach and the 405 meet. While there, a friend of mine called and announced that he and his girlfriend were on their way down to catch the bitter end, and he wanted to know if it was raining. At that moment, it was dry (he was being rained on as he headed south from Riverside), but 15 minutes later a squall moved in. Did you guys get rained on?

Great time. We'll be there next year as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wish I were there! Great pics.. thanks for posting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome event as usual. The little bit of rain at the end wasn't nice, but sure am glad it held until the end. Here are some images, more are posted on my WordPress site. . .

Wyoshida-BonnevilleCoupe1.JPG

Wyoshida-BonnevilleCoupe2.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

IMG_1215 Spyder Owner.JPG

IMG_1352-wyoshida-CoupeSignatures.JPG

More words and pictures here: http://wayne-yoshida-kh6wz.com/2015/...015-cruise-in/
    Ordered Type 65 Complete Kit Aug 29, 2012 - The 50-50 $ale!
    Standard Width IRS; Halibrands - 17x9, 17x10.5
    Kit Arrived: Oct 9, 2012; Build Started: Oct 28, 2012
    WordPress: http://wayne-yoshida-kh6wz.com/
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/waynetyoshida
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/kh6wz?feature=results_main

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting everyone!! I had a great time at HB this year, and appreciate how your words and photos captured all the fun! Great to spend some time with you, Wayne. I know Jo enjoyed visiting with you as well! Thanks for the great pics!

Karen
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!