Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: '33 kit with 427 Cobra Boss crate motor, quick change rear FS

Post Thanks / Like

'33 kit with 427 Cobra Boss crate motor, quick change rear FS

I live in Utah. My good friend and neighbor passed away very unexpectedly last winter. He went outside to shovel snow and had a massive heart attack not 10 feet from the car project he loved. Bill was a very mechanical guy who had a '33 build underway in the garage. He was a great guy and he left behind a widow, who, surprisingly, doesn't have much interest in completing the build. As much as I'd love to do the build, I don't have the time. So I am going to try to help her liquidate it and get a fair price for it--she needs the money. I floated this kit last May, but she got cold feet. Now she wants to see it gone, and she'd like to see it go to a good home. He was also a very meticulous guy. All the boxes are nicely arranged and labeled, and he only opened boxes to work on them. So it's pretty easy to see what's there. Here's the list of components I see outside the boxes (I can dig around for specifics for serious buyers):

1) Complete '33 kit with body and powdercoated frame
    2) Nice mag wheels
    3) Brand new 427 Cobra Boss rear sump crate motor, fresh from Ford Racing.
    4) A Winters Performance Products rear end. Looks like a Hallibrand. Beautifully polished.
    5) Silver caliper Wilwood brakes
    6) Build has not quite gotten to the roller stage--He was mocking it up to weld tabs onto the rear axle. The front suspension looks built but wheels not mounted
    7) No trans or fuel delivery system

Body is sitting on frame for mockup, but not bolted down. The boxes I see are mostly unopened if they haven't been assembled yet. There is no transmission, but apart from a carb and trans, the kit looks like it just needs completing. No bodywork has been done. The car is located in Utah near Salt Lake City. Easy access to I-15, I-70, and I-80. We can provide muscle to help you load the car and motor on your trailer. We want to be realistic with pricing but also want the lady not to get ripped off, so we are going to ask $20k. I think this represents a good deal given the rear end, crate motor, wheels, and un-bodged state of the kit. Hit me up with a PM or an email if you are interested.

IMG_9744.JPGIMG_9745.JPGIMG_9746.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPGphoto 6.JPGphoto 7.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    that is a great deal

stack
    FFR MKI Roadster FFR2202K Built in 2000 sold
    FFR Hot Rod #39 under construction

Post Thanks / Like
    Im very interested. PM sent...ordered a MK4 kit a few hours ago, might be changing directions again.

Post Thanks / Like

will pay 20 k

please call me at 4843663156 or email [email protected] am very interested

Quote Originally Posted by snowtire View Post
    I live in Utah. My good friend and neighbor passed away very unexpectedly last winter. He went outside to shovel snow and had a massive heart attack not 10 feet from the car project he loved. Bill was a very mechanical guy who had a '33 build underway in the garage. He was a great guy and he left behind a widow, who, surprisingly, doesn't have much interest in completing the build. As much as I'd love to do the build, I don't have the time. So I am going to try to help her liquidate it and get a fair price for it--she needs the money. I floated this kit last May, but she got cold feet. Now she wants to see it gone, and she'd like to see it go to a good home. He was also a very meticulous guy. All the boxes are nicely arranged and labeled, and he only opened boxes to work on them. So it's pretty easy to see what's there. Here's the list of components I see outside the boxes (I can dig around for specifics for serious buyers):

1) Complete '33 kit with body and powdercoated frame
    2) Nice mag wheels
    3) Brand new 427 Cobra Boss rear sump crate motor, fresh from Ford Racing.
    4) A Winters Performance Products rear end. Looks like a Hallibrand. Beautifully polished.
    5) Silver caliper Wilwood brakes
    6) Build has not quite gotten to the roller stage--He was mocking it up to weld tabs onto the rear axle. The front suspension looks built but wheels not mounted
    7) No trans or fuel delivery system

Body is sitting on frame for mockup, but not bolted down. The boxes I see are mostly unopened if they haven't been assembled yet. There is no transmission, but apart from a carb and trans, the kit looks like it just needs completing. No bodywork has been done. The car is located in Utah near Salt Lake City. Easy access to I-15, I-70, and I-80. We can provide muscle to help you load the car and motor on your trailer. We want to be realistic with pricing but also want the lady not to get ripped off, so we are going to ask $20k. I think this represents a good deal given the rear end, crate motor, wheels, and un-bodged state of the kit. Hit me up with a PM or an email if you are interested.

IMG_9744.JPGIMG_9745.JPGIMG_9746.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPGphoto 6.JPGphoto 7.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Very interested in this car. Willing to pay asking price. Please email [email protected]. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Snotire,

I responded to your original posting last May.
    I am still very interested and if the deal with balgeo falls through, please contact me.
    Thanks
    Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this still for sale?

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a "heads up" ... a friend built a '33 Dodge "HighBoy" many years ago and he just had to have a "Halibrand quick change" rear diff. Looks very cool, but the "quick change" gears were straight cut gears and made a lot of whining noise at speed. Don't know if the newer "quick change" setups use helical cut gears. Something to think about ...

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    Interested in the car and willing to offer more than the asking price - I have cash in hand and would buy immediately

Please let me know if its still available

You can reach me at 562-208-0240(cell)/562-435-4494(work) or private message me

Thank You
    Gary Beck

Post Thanks / Like
    Snow tire,
    What is the deal?
    Is the car sold?
    Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    you may be better off emailing him directly. He hasn't logged in since the morning of the 29th
    FFR 3985RD. . .legend lime w/rootbeer stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, I believe the sale is off the table, I had agreed to buy it and had cash ready to wire transfer the first hour the ad came out. We had a deal pending widow's acceptance, but I don't think the widow is ready to let go of it yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this package still available?, you could email me at [email protected] thanks