Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Scrap Value of Shell 2006 Subaru WRX???

Post Thanks / Like

Scrap Value of Shell 2006 Subaru WRX???

Hello Everyone... Anyone know the scrap value of the Shell and What are the valuable parts of the vehicle that I can resell that we don't have to use??? Thanks
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Bought first house with Garage!
    Always been a car enthusiast!
    FFR 818S - Scheduled for delivery!
    To Be CONTINUED!

Post Thanks / Like
    If only you where close I would love to buy this . I need a rally car shell .

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Around here, metal recyclers will give you a few cents a pound for shells and they want the title signed over to them. I did the math and for the shell I had, it worked out to like $80 in scrap metal. Not worth what it would take for me to drive all the way out to my brother's and back to pickup and return a big trailer. So I just cut the shell up into chunks small enough for me to handle and put them out on the curb. There is a guy who comes by in the middle of the night on garbage day looking for scrap metal - he takes whatever is there. He hit the jackpot at my house that one morning. It was all gone by dawn.

The parts that you DO need are listed in the manual. You can sell the rest. Here is a listing of what I sold to-date from my donor. I still have a few parts:
    Power steering pump
    Fender Brace
    A/C Hard Lines + Belt Tensioner
    Center diff
    Clock Pod
    Alarm Speaker
    Short Shifter
    Passenger Side Skirt
    LR Tail Light
    Strut assemblies
    Glove Box
    LF Headlight
    Spoiler
    A/C Compressor
    Driveline
    Seats, Door Cards, Carpet
    Wiper Motor
    U-Subframe
    RF Door Skin
    Center Console
    Blower Resistor
    Fan blower assembly
    Washer bottle
    Rear Differential
    Heater box
    Hood
    Trunk
    Glass
    Sunroof

Post Thanks / Like
    Assuming that your shell is undamaged, you could sell it for more than if you went to a scrap yard. I sold my 02 wrx shell for $500 to a guy building a race car. Otherwise, you might get $50-100 for it from a metal recycler.

You could pretty much strip all of the parts off of the shell and sell them on craigslist, ebay, nasioc... that's basically what I did. I've sold 90% of the parts I took off (that weren't used on the kit). The parts that made the most money were the doors, hood, trunk, quarter panels, tail lights, head lights, hood, and interior carpet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I sold my shell (rusty and from NY) for $100 picked up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I received $62 at the scrap yard. I cut up what was left and loaded it into my Outback. This was a mistake financially speaking, but we had fun.

After removing what was needed for my 818, I listed parts on Craigslist. The fog lights and WRX side skirts went within an hour. Then a family of WRX enthusiasts (father, uncle, two boys) came by and bought a fender, rear quarter, AC and P/S, and trim bits. Yes, a rear quarter. They came with cutting tools and had it off in about 20 min. In the end, i sold $3104 on Craigslist to about five people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your help guys... So I took off all of the parts that I can sell! Went through 2 carbide tipped saw blades but it's in about 12 pieces on my side yard!
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Bought first house with Garage!
    Always been a car enthusiast!
    FFR 818S - Scheduled for delivery!
    To Be CONTINUED!