Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Its Legal!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Its Legal!!!!

Live in Arizona, $25 for a inspection where the man just looked at the car and told me how lucky I was to have such a cool ride. Then another $25 to register it for a year. Getting it aligned this Friday, then going on a little ride. Cant believe this day actually got here!!!!
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    WOW! Congratulations David!!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go Dude!
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucky...when I first registered my Cobra in AZ I couldn't believe $25??? Coming from California it was a great surprise. The agent asked if I wanted 1 year or 2. What????
    Not wanting to come back soon I took the two year option. Congratulations.

I saw another post but didn't get into it about paint in AZ? I would suggest that you talk to a guy named Jeff Miller ("DA BAT") who is a world renowned painter of Cobrs. He lives in southern California,
    Temucula, California and can give you some help. He will do all the bodywork, doors, trunk and hood fitting, including rolled edges for a flat fee of $6000. My was done by another painter in Northern California (Ken Pike) in 2001 for $4000. I don't know any local painters but Jeff might. Jeff's number in "socal" is 951-541-6333.
    Last edited by Mesa Mike; 05-04-2015 at 12:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Outstanding!!! Enjoy it, you deserve it.
    JR

Post Thanks / Like
    ... and to think you almost sold it way back when. Good on you for sticking with it - enjoy this day and all the rides to come as you truly deserve them.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Way to stick with it and complete! Hopefully I'll get close this year!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the milestone. I've enjoyed reading your build updates and helping you with any answers...

Mark
    Modified Mustangs & Fords Project Snake Charmer

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster
    Tungsten Gray/Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Roadster.jpg

Forgot....no pic in didnt happen.....well heres the pic
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!!!!

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Legal is good! Have fun driving this summer.

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    congrats Lucky!
    Delivered 11/12/11
    2014 small fall cruise http://youtu.be/fwk0TXXZGEU
    First Start: http://youtu.be/547P6SHGixI
    Go Kart 2/12: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQSUL-6q15k

Post Thanks / Like
    I am really glad this has worked out for you. Lot's of fun coming up for sure.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man that is SOOOOOO awesome....I know you probably are having a hard time believing that this is really happening. Arizona is a much easier state to register these cars. Louisiana is still assembled car BS state. Anyways I’m really glad you are on the road. Now don't get stupid in that thing right away. A 2000 lbs. car with power takes getting use to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dixon View Post
    Man that is SOOOOOO awesome....I know you probably are having a hard time believing that this is really happening. Arizona is a much easier state to register these cars. Louisiana is still assembled car BS state. Anyways I’m really glad you are on the road. Now don't get stupid in that thing right away. A 2000 lbs. car with power takes getting use to.
    Dan, its been along time!!! Thanks for my first ride in a Roadster. Still needs bodywork and paint, but fun as heck to drive around. No power brakes or steering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey David,

I am in Peoria and would love to check out your ride. I just got mine finished for Huntington Beach and it was a blast. I can refer you to the guy who painted mine. Jeff Miller checked out my paint job and said it looked like he did a great job. You are welcome to stop by and see my paint and talk to the painter. He is a neighboring business to mine. Just wanted to throw that out there.
    MKIV #8341 Grabber Blue with Satin Black Trim - 302 w/AFR 165's, Custom Ed Curtis Cam, Edelbrock Air Gap, Holley 750 DP, TKO 500, 3.27 8.8 - Car made 320rwhp w/250 miles on the clock.

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Lucky,

I wanted to mention something that might help you out until you get yours painted. If you grind the seams down level very carefully, you can polish the whole thing and it will look pretty amazing for a no paint car. The seams almost disappear. I did that on the MKIII and was amazed at the difference from ugly to pretty good. Of course, on the MKIV, it will look 100% better with the smaller seams and the nice red gel coat. So when are we going to get together and have a ride? The east valley guys are ready. Good luck,

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your build.

You really have shown the Factory Five sprit fighting through all of the ups and downs of doing a build and sticking to it, and making your dream come true. Plus making friends for a life time.

Don't forget to share all of your adventures with us that you will have with your dream car.

Oh yes no pictures or video it just didn't happen. Lol

Ron
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieType65 View Post
    Hey David,

I am in Peoria and would love to check out your ride. I just got mine finished for Huntington Beach and it was a blast. I can refer you to the guy who painted mine. Jeff Miller checked out my paint job and said it looked like he did a great job. You are welcome to stop by and see my paint and talk to the painter. He is a neighboring business to mine. Just wanted to throw that out there.
    Can you send me his information? I didnt know where Peoria was.....looked on a map, you are way up north. Wish you were closer.