BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Guy starting a MKIV

Post Thanks / Like

Talking New Guy starting a MKIV

I purchase a complete MKIV kit back in November and plan to start the build this fall after I retire as a CW5 working for the National Guard. I am going to install a crate FE 390 with a March pully system, MSD ready to run, and a Quick Fuel 780 carb, TKO 500 with mid shift, 3 link read end, 17 inch wheels, full lenght headers, stainless side pipes, front and read bumbers and roll bars. I can't wait to get started this fall on the build.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service. Your build sounds great.
    Doug
    Built FFR5196 MKII in 2003, 427w
    Building FFR0058HR, Edlebrock 347-AOD

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like a good plan. I recently saw a 460 crammed into a roadster. It was tight but pretty impressive.

Good luck,

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you after 39 years in the National Guard and 28 years working full time for the guard this fall it's time to go to Fort Living Room.

I didn't plan on installing a big block in the build but one of the guys at work made me a deal on the 390 that I could not pass up. After I purchase the additional parts to make the big block work the cost will be about the same as a good small block build. I'm thinking about touching base with Forte's to work out and purchase the transmission, bell housing, clutch etc any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forum! Where are you located?

I upgraded your account so you can edit your profile and use the picture albums...

re: Fortes, he will have any and all parts you require, including the TKO with mid-shift, March pullys and Quik-Time bellhousing. You might want to check out his hydraulic clutch setup. I REALLY like it! Check out my Anniversary Build thread for pics and details.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    David

Thanks for the help with my account I attached a pic of the 390 with the March pully system installed it should look sweet with the Hooker headers I got from FF.

I live in Beckley, WV

I have already purchased the mid shift kit from Performance Parts and it looks like it will be much easier to install than the one from TKO.

I plan to get with Fortes for the rest of the transmission setup I figure he has been helping folks build these for a while and will know what parts work and which ones don't.

I will talk to him about the hydraulic clutch setup, I also noticed that he sell a clutch fork extension that looks like it would work also.

Thanks again

Rick

IMG-20141221-00108.jpg