Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hit a milestone this week

Post Thanks / Like

Hit a milestone this week

I had the wife add up all the cost so far and we have hit 40k on a budget build using all major parts from the wrecking yards in the area and a daytrip to Missouri for the IRS 8.8 pig and outer carriers. the engine came out of a 94 F-150 had it bored .030 over and installed all new internals. the car is getting pretty close I put the side pipes on this afternoon. still have wiring and radiator to go I am having a lot of trouble ordering wheels as every one talks about backspacing which I have a ton of, what I want to know about is the offset as the look that I am shooting for is a wheel and tire combo that looks good from the side. Any one out there running 15's could really help me with a offset measurement 15x 9 all around

Post Thanks / Like
    17x9s run 6 in BS in the front. Most list the offset as 24mm but I can't measure that so I use BS. 15s should be the same. For the rear I would go wider to 10 inches. Here are FFRs specs.
    http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/15-v...eplica-wheels/
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the main reasons I went with this build is because I love the look of the Factory 5 Halibrand replica wheels and not being able to get them has been a real bummer. So I am probably going to go with a set of cheap Cragers and sell the car

Post Thanks / Like
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still trying to wrap my head around around building an MKIV because you like Halibrands.........

Post Thanks / Like
    does anybody know if you can get Halibrands in 4 lug? I'm running factory donor axles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Every one can relax I found my HALIBRANDS they are being shipped