Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: F5R #7841 - Finally First Start - First GoCart

Post Thanks / Like

F5R #7841 - Finally First Start - First GoCart

All I can say is wow. What a rush. I probably seem pretty calm on the outside but every nerve in my body was screaming. I think my face forgot how to smile.:w00t:

We spent a few days getting everything ready. Mario (FritoBandito) was/is a huge help. I would say that the best thing to have on a build is a good friend that can share in the experience and offer support. Had some issues with very small fuel leaks at several AN fittings and later a pretty good water leak at the radiator but these were all resolved.

The engine is a Ford Racing Z427. Once I chose the engine everything else snowballed. New custom headers, E-Street efi, New Side Pipes, Yada Yada Yada, the list goes on. I would say that deviating from your original plan will definetely extend your build time and squeeze the heck out of your wallet.:scared:

Edelbrock has done a great job with their new throttle body. Edelbrock is relatively local to me and the support is top knotch. I had some issues at first with some surging but it ended up being the throttle position calibration. The engine is finally settling down and the computer seems to continually make adjustments. No telling how it will perform in the long run but I am definetely happy with it for now.

Enjoy the videos

F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    So cool. Congrats

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds great and looks like a lot of fun to see that first start and the first ride in a carl you built. Congrats!
    Mk 4 Roadster
    October 25, 2012 - Kit Arrives
    April 8, 2013 - Build Starts
    August 23, 2015 - Rolling Chassis/Engine & Transmission Installed
    March 26, 2016 - Go Cart

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds fantastic. Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Great job Marcel! I can't believe 5 years later we both get 2 of the 15 Anniversary cars going within 2 weeks of each other.

I'm taking a different route with this build and taking the body in for paint this weekend. I'll finish up the mechanicals while waiting for the painted body and then register it as soon as the body gets put back on.

Congratulations! How long until you put the body on?

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's a very nice combination of components. I did enjoy the videos!

Good luck on the rest of the build.

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046