Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Front wheel well aluminum

Post Thanks / Like

Front wheel well aluminum

Does anyone have some good pictures of the front wheel wells? In particular the panel that sits in front of the door. I have the windshield wiper option and it makes it difficult to install. I also don't understand the bends in those pieces they don't seem to make much sense. I have my body off right now but it looks like I will need it on to trim it properly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few photos in my build thread. I had to trim the flat end of the fiberglass as it interfered.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    I just put these splash panels on a couple of weeks ago because I wanted to get the door hinges all set first. Oh no, I didn't take pictures. Yes, mount your body and the doors first so you'll know where to trim. Fit the square end first so the lip is underneath the frame, snug it inward until flush and note the gap to the fender for the bulb seal. You want 1/2" - 3/4" for the bulb seal. Mine was short at the outer top so I added an aluminum piece so the bulb seal would seal tightly. I drilled all the holes but mounted these panels with just a few #8 screws for now because I'll want to remove them to reach the hinge bolts to install door cards and then the upcoming power windows.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).