Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Washington State Registration - Bellevue Location

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Thanks / Like

Washington State Registration - Bellevue Location

I went through my State Patrol inspection yesterday at the Bellevue location after a failed attempt at the Tacoma location and..... PASSED

It went pretty smoothly. They were excited to see me there and informed me that they have been waiting for me to show up. WSP inspector did a chassis verification to the paperwork provided by FFR and attempted to find a serial number for the engine but was not successful. Visual inspection was performed of the vehicle but for no specific item. The inspector was using this sheet as a reference for acceptance of the vehicle;

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/traveler/docs/...it_vehicle.pdf

I have no wipers or washing system installed.

About an hour later, they attached a aluminum sticker VIN plate with rivets to the drivers door frame and i was on my way home.

For those with the R model, i specifically asked about the issue of not having a full windshield and was informed that it is required and will not pass without one. The functioning doors and latches you may be able to get around. A lot depends on the individual inspectors it seems on how they interpret the verbiage.

Thank you to the forum member who helped me with getting in touch with the right people to make it easier for me and hopefully everyone else in Washington State register their kit car.

Overall a good experience and a thumbs up to the Bellevue location staff for being professional, courteous and knowledgeable in what they do best!

Last edited by Kurk818; 05-27-2015 at 08:15 AM.