BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 33 hard top fitment

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

33 hard top fitment

It seems to me that the contour of the hard top at the front pillars does not fit well with the main body. Is that normal? What is to be done to get the hard top to mate with the body in region of the front of the doors. I stuck a sharpie in the space between the bottom of the hard top and the body/door to illustrate the gap.

hard top space 1.jpghard top space 2.jpg

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once you bolt it down the gap will get smaller. IMO you have the top too far back in the pic. Maybe my pics will help you out.

33071.jpg33094.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    Once you bolt it down the gap will get smaller. IMO you have the top too far back in the pic. Maybe my pics will help you out.

33071.jpg33094.jpg
    Thanks Wallace18! Yes, that helps a lot. With the hard top on does the padded rim over the rear cockpit cover still fit? Where the top sits now is within about an inch of the edge of the back of the cockpit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rcotner View Post
    Thanks Wallace18! Yes, that helps a lot. With the hard top on does the padded rim over the rear cockpit cover still fit? Where the top sits now is within about an inch of the edge of the back of the cockpit.
    No the padded rim is for the roadster. My hardtop is almost flush with the opening in the back of the cockpit. You might want to check the measurement from the dash to the back as there is a specific distance that the manual specifies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    got it. Yep the hard top clearly is meant to be flush with the back of the cockpit. Thanks for the input. Greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta be flush my man. I was able to use a catch latch to mate the two and hold it together so I wouldn't have to drill through the bulk and head and keep it clean. Good luck! Oh yeah, get a wench from Harbor Freight to pull that baby off! So worth it. See my videos if you need a visual.