Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Day 19 of 20: 20th Anniversary Mk4 Roadster Revealed!

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Day 19 of 20: 20th Anniversary Mk4 Roadster Revealed!

How do you celebrate 20 years of the best-selling 427 replica in the world? Six months ago, I gathered with the team and we put the plans in motion to build the finest Factory Five Mk4 Roadster ever, in celebration of our 20th Anniversary.

I wanted this special edition car to have the very latest technology and parts that are not available anywhere.
    I am excited to tell you about our 20th Anniversary Special Edition Mk4 Roadster. Manufacturing is limited to 20 serialized kits, and the first one is being given to the Ohio Cobra Club to help raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

The price of these 20th Anniversary cars is $29,990, and they are available to Factory Five customers on a first come, first served basis with over $14,500 of special anniversary edition parts and options added to the Factory Five Mk4 Roadster complete kit. Here is what comes with each 20 Year Anniversary car starting with the Mk4 complete kit:

– Custom gray metallic powder coated frame
    We began this special edition car with special preparation and powder-coating of the chassis. The welding crew is prepping each frame special for this gray metallic custom powder coating. This powder coating is exclusive to these anniversary cars and will not be sold separately. (Value: $849)

– Custom powder-coated white aluminum footboxes and wheel wells
    The standard aluminum panels which make up the footboxes and wheel wells of this car have been powder-coated white as a tribute to the original 427s. (Value: $400)

– All-new 2015 Ford Mustang-based Factory Five Independent Rear Suspension
    The all-new Factory Five Independent Rear Suspension is designed to use 2015 and later Ford Mustang center section, spindles, and brakes. This new IRS is available first in these 20 Special Edition Mk4 Roadsters. (Value: $2,499)

Click here for more details on the new independent rear suspension.

– High-end Koni 2812 double-adjustable aluminum body coil-over shocks, set of four

The new 2015 Factory Five independent rear suspension is complimented with the best shocks available. We wanted the anniversary cars to out-handle anything on the road, so we’ve included Koni’s high-end double-adjustable aluminum body shocks. The cost for each shock is $499 and they are manufactured in silver aluminum with a threaded body and custom coil-over kit. (Value: $1,996)

– All-new Wilwood performance brakes front and rear

The engineers at Wilwood developed all-new cross-drilled and slotted performance brake package to compliment the new 2015 Factory Five independent rear suspension and Koni shocks. These new Wilwoods are huge 13″ brakes all around and come with a cool 6-piston front caliper and dual piston rear caliper with a separate emergency brake caliper. (Value: $3,275)
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    – All-new 18″ Halibrand wheels

Front 18″ x 9″ Halibrand replica wheels

Rear 18″ x 11″ Halibrand replica wheels

Our brand-new 18″ Halibrand wheels were developed specifically for this car. The rear wheel is a massive 18″ x 11″ rim and the front is a beautiful 18″ x 9″ size with soft radiuses and perfect metallic gray finish. (Value: $1,899)

– All-new 20th Anniversary Logo Gauges with GPS Speedometer

We developed this custom gauge set with our partners at Speedhut to incorporate individually serial numbered gauges with 20th Anniversary 1995-2015 graphic. We also decided to use the latest technology and add the new GPS speedometer feature. (Value: $899)

– Polished stainless steel side exhaust upgrade (Value: $599)

Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    – Polished stainless steel full front and rear bumpers (Value: $695)

Over-riders shown. 20th Anniversary Mk4 Roadsters comes with full front and rear hoops as well (not shown).

– Chrome driver-side roll bar upgrade with grommets (Value: $359)

– Premium interior including Padded Dash with Glovebox, upholstered door panels, and special 20th Year Anniversary logo floor mats (Value: $1,096)

[img]http://www.factoryfive.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/55A1367.jpg
    [/img]
    Includes leather seats (Value: $499), all-new padded dash with glovebox (value: $299), door panels (value: $199), and 20th Anniversary logo floor mats (Value: $99). Total value is $1,096.

– Special Edition 20 Year Anniversary Badging
    Includes exclusive die-cast/colored aluminum 20th Anniversary side badges, a set of custom 20 Year Anniversary floor mats, and gauge package with anniversary lettering/serial number on the all gauges.

We are only making 20 of these cars and they are only available as complete kits. These 20 Year Anniversary cars represent a significant milestone in the history of Factory Five Racing, and I’m excited about the package that we’ve put together. Click here to order yours or call us at (508) 291-3443.

Click here to view a photo gallery of the 20th Anniversary Special Edition Mk4 Roadster.

Click here to place your Mk4 Roadster Special Edition kit order now.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Sna-Z!
    FFR Spec Racer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Looks awesome. That car must be so cool with a Coyote motor in it!!! Have a great time tomorrow.

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dave,

The car really looks great & should be a 100% success. Congrats.

HyJack - Is the Coyote in the red car from the FFR/Hot Rod vid tuned? Any dyno numbers.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering if there was going to be a all new Mk5 at the event as well, I guess not buuuuut the 2015 Mustang IRS upgrade is a sweet deal, I had a feeling they were going to adopt this! Nice one FFR!

So could we consider this the Mk4.1?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wishing I had that IRS in mine right now. I see a cobrajet intake in there too. NOICE!
    Chris
    Mark IV Roadster #7679
    Coyote 5.0, T56, Hydraulic Clutch, IRS, Torsen Diff, Wilwoods, Hydraboost, ABS Power Brakes, Power Steering, & tons more extras.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm about to order the 20th kit what will I need for the new rear suspension?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing these are long gone by now.
    Chris
    Mark IV Roadster #7679
    Coyote 5.0, T56, Hydraulic Clutch, IRS, Torsen Diff, Wilwoods, Hydraboost, ABS Power Brakes, Power Steering, & tons more extras.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisarella View Post
    I'm guessing these are long gone by now.
    Yes, the 20th Anniversary Edition Roadsters are long gone. I don't know the exact time, but it was just a couple weeks after they were offered. It is possible to order a kit with a very similar configuration however. Just not the special powder coating and colors, gauges, badging, etc.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered one Sunday!!!