Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Overheating

Post Thanks / Like

Overheating

My GTM 0176 has had numerous problems of over heating. Engine warning light comes on, GTM goes into 'limp mode' ( Corvette LS7), and limps home or onto a tow truck and back to garage where it gets a little work. Then we try it again. I do live in Phoenix, and it is HOT.
    What is solution?
    Has GTM ever been tested in Arizona in summer to know if CFM air is adequate both coming into engine compartment and adequate exiting engine compartment?
    I have ram air inlets behind drivers and passengers head going directly into engine.
    Help please. Can give you name of shop that has built the car if you would like to talk to them. They have excellent reputation here for reputable work.
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Alan,

You need to post this on the gtm section and on the other forum. This is not an uncommon problem and there is not enough discussion on the subject. You can isolate the problem by running the car without the rear hatch or the hatch open. Most likely is in the cooling system or the air flow through the hood and radiator,poor circulation,thermostat,fans on off setting on ecm or air in the system to name a few things before looking into your engine tune,engine mods or exhaust restrictions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks
    Alan