Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Black Mamba --- Back from LCS...i would say broke in

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Mamba --- Back from LCS...i would say broke in

What a great weekend....and that doesn't quite say it strong enough. The cars were great..but... the people, the event and the commitment of the event to CF were amazing. Even with the rain, everybody was all smiles and laughing...what a great few days. Karen Salvaggio's speech to the group was very interesting and kept me engaged the entire time...great job! I could go on and on about the weekend...in the end, a bunch of old friends and new friends hung out and spent quality time with each other as well as supporting the CF foundation, all as one big happy family...oh.... and there were a few cars there as well

The Mamba got trailered up there this year...the threat of weather and my hurting back meant I had to put it on the trailer... in the end it didn't rain on me at all while it was on the trailer...lol..... course once it was out of the trailer....yup you guessed it.....rained all over the place....just my luck !

I knew going up that I want to autocross there...I knew Jeff was going to be there so I had a good measuring stick to go against...turns out Dave showed up as well...they are both really fast... I think I did well against those 2 with my new ride..

The car overall was REALLY good! The AVIAID oil pan did really good, the Hoosier tires were getting very sticky by the time I left....my first run was like 44 secs... and I left with a 39.5.. there was more in there, but I had stock pads and while I wanted to keep going, the threat of rain kept me from returning after lunch...instead, hung out with guys... The webers worked great! tons of torque down low! Only issue I had the whole weekend is that I had wired the car for 4 tail lights and when I went to 2 singles, I left one hot wire free that I forgot about...it managed to find itself loose during the auto-x and shorted to ground, burning out my directional fuse....easily fixed after lunch. I had mentioned to Dave that this car was the best handling car that I built...still not sure exactly why.... but you could run it into the corner on the brakes, release the car at the entrance to the corner, let it take a set and then throttle steer the car through the corner... without ever pushing the nose!... perfect... There was definitely more in it if I felt like pushing it...but new car and the parade the next day....I called it a victory.... even though Dave and Jeff are bad fast!!! lol....

The car's oil pressure and temp were perfect all weekend. I did notice the 289 pipes are loud and webers are a little more rich than other cars....but it's the whole experience with this car and now the tires are nicely worn, the brakes are broken in and car looks like are that you would drive now...not so super SEMA clean...though I will probably clean it this weekend...lol... OCD!

anyway.. the important stuff is that we had fun for a great cause and we took care of each other all weekend..... here are some pics... I could have taken a whole lot more but I honestly forgot to get the camera out....

this was a funny picture....there people doing burn outs on the street...so we decided to setup on the sidewalk and grade them... as soon as we got lined up they STOPPED doing burn outs and so... we never moved...lol...

FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably the quietest cobra I have ever heard and it had such a sweet sound to it...when he started it, I was like...wow that sounds awesome!! really nice car!

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful pictures, so many beautiful machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydster View Post
    Wonderful pictures, so many beautiful machines.
    that is so true....the last LCS I went to was like 3 or 4 years ago I think...and the quality of these cars just keeps getting better and better!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 90% done with my 818S, but pictures and stories like this make me think I'm gonna have to start a Cobra once the 818 is complete. I guess I'm hooked.

Post Thanks / Like
    come on in the water is just fine!