BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need Garage to Builid MK4 in San Diego

Post Thanks / Like

Need Garage to Builid MK4 in San Diego

I live in San Diego and want to build an MK4 with my 20 year old son...I need to find garage space to rent for this build...Any suggestions on the best way to find a garage for this build? Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Found this one in less than a minute. Granted, it's Chula Vista and may not be right next door to you but you get the idea. You could also look for industrial buildings for rent. Some are as small as 500 sq ft.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/bfs/5087449368.html
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Do mini self storage places allow this sort of activity? Maybe worth checking.
    JR

Post Thanks / Like
    Generally, storage units don't allow any type of "mechanic" activity.

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Don't know if this is something you would consider. Purchase a utility building to place on your property. If you have an HOA, that will have to be approved prior. You could run electricity to it. It doesn't have to be too spacious. You might think about working on it while it is pulled out of the storage area for some things. After the project is done, you have a nice shop and storage which can add to the property value. I built just this sort of building on my property for storage. Later, I needed a place for the corvette (all garage space taken) so I converted it to a garage for that purpose. Sort of the reverse case. Another thing I did when I was building my first project car in my twenties was join a car club that had a club garage. That was the best time I've ever had building a car. Thanks Strollers!

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give me a call (or PM) I may have a solution for you.

Or, have you looked into renting a hanger at one of the local airports?

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 28x30 shop and you're welcome to stop by and see if it will fit your needs.
    Ray
    Last edited by Ray; 07-07-2015 at 03:08 AM.
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue