Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Door Hinge standoff

Post Thanks / Like

Door Hinge standoff

I am installing the door hinge standoffs and I am having a problem. The standoff is hitting the body. I ground down the lower part of the hinge mount, but it still hits the body. I can't even get the nut on the shoulder bolt. Do I need to shim the body out in the lower door opening. The manual does not address this issue. I also watched the You Tube video on installing the door hinges and he does not say anything about the mount hitting the body. I don't know what to do about this problem. Any help you guys can give will be welcome.

Thanks, Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    I would try moving the body out so that it is not touching. I don't think you have many other options. Is the standoff all the way up in the slots? You might also try swapping sides. Maybe one is just a bit bigger than the other.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    On mine, one is a bit smaller than the other and swapping them looks like it is enough to resolve the rubbing that I was experiencing.

Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    I would try moving the body out so that it is not touching. I don't think you have many other options. Is the standoff all the way up in the slots? You might also try swapping sides. Maybe one is just a bit bigger than the other.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    You might also need to move the back of the body sideways a bit. The rear clip on the 33's frame wanders off true center line of the chassis, so if you have the same size spacers on that tab at the very back of the chassis above the coil over mounts the body is not really centered on the chassis. From the back wall of the passenger to that back rail/tube those tabs are on it wanders to one side over 3/16" which is enough to cause what you have seen on those standoffs. Find the threads on centerline of the 33 chassis and that will make more sense.
    HTH
    Dale Berry
    Hemi 33