Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: seat angle

Post Thanks / Like

seat angle

I am being lazy now, and hoping that someone that has their aluminum installed behind the drivers seat can take a measurement!

What I would like is the angle in degrees between the floor and the rear aluminum.

I will be scrapping my big tall seats and look for alternates, and want be sure they fit.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure this is what you are looking for but my newer MK IV #8442 the back cockpit wall is 90 degrees from the floor pan the square fit perfect

IMG_3869.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rick
    #8442 MK4 Complete kit, 331 Stroker, T5, 3.73 Posi 3-Link, 15", Goodyear Billboards
    Order 8/22/14 Del 11/7/14 First Start 3/9/15 Go Cart 3/14/15 Paint 2/25/16
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-8442-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, as Rick said 90* floor to back wall, then after 15", the back wall rakes back 21* (on #8075).
    SOLD 03/2013: MK II #5004: 5.0 EFI: 8.8, 3.55, E303, TW heads, GT40 intake, 24#, 70mm MAF

Ordered MK IV Coyote Complete Kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ian,
    Don't even think about making a final alternative seat selection or making your installation permanent until you can do test fitting with the body on (unless you want to do it again ). Even the lowbacks can collide with the doors or the body's rear cockpit corners if they are not positioned correctly.

Cheers,
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I recommend you do lots of searching here and the other forum looking for seats that others have installed. I tried very hard to go by seat dimension diagrams and wasn't all that successful. My aluminum driver's seat needed to have the side bolsters in the seat area spread wider w/ a combination of chunks of 2x6 and my floor jack. I also needed to make new foam pieces for the seat base to increase the effective layback angle. My passenger seat needed to have the layback angle reduced by bending the tubular frame.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    By "alternates", did you mean to the "big & tall" low backs or just looking for ideas? I installed Corbeau A4's because I needed a high back seat to meet rules and regulations for track duty. Like others here on the forum, I did a lot of research and measuring before ordering the seats. The Corbeau's fit the car like they were designed for the space, have plenty of bolster support for the track, and are very comfortable even on long trips. I played with seat position until I settled in on mounting the back of the seat as low as possible and then shimming the front until I was comfortable with the fit (for me 13 degree incline from rear to front of seat and the seat back set one position reclined from vertical). I use just two bolts to mount the seat, but you could vary that to meet your needs.

IMG_3830.JPGIMG_3831.JPGIMG_3832.JPGIMG_3866.JPGIMG_3868.JPGIMG_3869.JPGIMG_3871.JPGIMG_3872.JPGIMG_3873.JPG
    Mark IV -- 04 Mach1 Donor -- 4.6 DOHC -- TKO 600 -- 3:55 Gears -- 3 Link - Hydroboost PS & PB -- 13" PBR's Front & 11.65's Rear -- Cuesta Wiring -- Thompson Signals -- FFR Radiator, heater, wipers, and catalytic converters -- Metco DS safety loop -- Forte 7/8" front bar -- VPM 3/4" rear bar -- Champ road race pan -- Corbeau A4 Seats -- Nitto NT-05's on 17 x 9's.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the big tall FFR seats but the quality is really bad. I am looking for alternatives. The reason the angle is important is I am trying to gain extra room by having a thin back seat. I really like Porsche 550 Spyder seats, and if the angle and width work then these will be contenders.