Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Failed Login Notification

Post Thanks / Like

Failed Login Notification

Just received this email from the forum:

"Dear luvaz,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Factory Five Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 176.126.252.11

All the best,
    Factory Five Forums"

Anybody else been notified that their account is trying to be hacked? A google search of the IP address indicates it's in Bucharest, Romania- but it could be spoofed, too.

Thoughts?

Regards,
    Will
    FFR MK III picked up 9/24/05 Roller 9/28/05 First start & go-cart 11/28/05 red w/white stripes, PC Chassis, heat/defrost, FFR 15's, pwr footbox vents, radio delete, dual quad 427W, 4 link w/3.27's, Koni's all around, Gen 1 rag top, snapless tonneau, Herb's door panels, NRC rear discs, Breeze head rest, ********** emblems, Paint by Gino's in Rowley, MA
    2011 ffcars.com calendar Cover Car Yes, that's me in the avatar with Dave Smith in front of my roadster at the '06 FFR Open House!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the same thing this morning

Post Thanks / Like
    Me, too.
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I had that happen about 2 weeks ago. Make sure you have a strong password. I had my yahoo account hacked about a year ago. I had used a 'common' word as the password and that was obviously easy for a computer program to figure out. It's good that the forum has a 5 try limit before freezing the login for a period of time.

By the way that IP address is in Romania.
    Mike............

FFR2100 - 331 with KB supercharger - T5 - 5 link rear 3.08's and T2 Torsen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The problem is the number of different IPs, probably due to a slave-type attack. If you post the IP's I'll add them to the ban list.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    The problem is the number of different IPs, probably due to a slave-type attack. If you post the IP's I'll add them to the ban list.

Mine was from 37.187.129.166

Post Thanks / Like
    Got this this AM. Please add to the ban list.
    ------

Dear amtronic,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Factory Five Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 91.219.236.218

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's mine from July 11:

Dear DrPhantom,

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 50.7.159.196

All the best,
    Factory Five Forums