Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Wing Mount for Gen II GTMs!

Post Thanks / Like

New Wing Mount for Gen II GTMs!

I have developed a new Wing Mount to be used for mounting my custom VRSW rear wing on Gen II GTMs. The VRSW rear wing is too wide at the outer edges to allow the hatch to open and clear the wing, so I have developed these hinged surface mounts to allow quick and easy access to opening the rear hatch. These mounts are held closed with some slick spring-loaded pins that are released by simply pulling on the knob and turning 90 degrees to hold the pin retracted. Then the wing simply hinges back and is held vertically by gravity. These are intended to be surface mounted to the rear of the body. I will post some pics with these mounted to a wing and in place on a Gen II as soon as I get my wing back from paint. Price is $250/pair.

Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Shane. Do you normally / would you suggest installing a backing plate on the other side of these mounts when mounting the wing?
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    With my custom wing being as low profile as it is, I would think that you could get away with just bolting it to the hatch with some large fender-washers on the under-side of the body. If I were doing it myself, I would probably install some sort of reinforcement plate from the rear chassis tube up the license plate area so the whole licence plate area could be fastened to the body, and maybe put a 3/4"x3/4" tube at the top of the plate that rests up against the rear edge of the body to support it. If the Gen II used the Gen I diffuser, I might not worry about it so much, as the diffuser gave quite a bit of support and rigidity to the rear of the body......but with the flat profile of the Gen II diffuser with spacers between it and the body......I don't think you're going to get nearly the support from it anymore. Actually, just the opposite since they have angled it for more downforce. Instead of the rear edge of the diffuser acting as a strut to hold up and support the rear edge of the body (Gen I), it is most likely trying to drag the rear of the body down now. JMO
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts