Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Warden's Build

Post Thanks / Like

Warden's Build

I finally placed my order for the 33 last month! I have delayed the delivery until September to avoid the hot summer here in Georgia. Maybe by next year I will have A/C in my shop. I have been gathering parts and horsetrading to complete my drive train and have a few things left to do on the engine but I am in no hurry. I hope to keep this project on the fun side and it will be a low budget, pay-as-I-go experience. I have read and reread almost every build thread on the two forums and have purchased the manual and read it about three times. I attended the build school last March and had a blast!! A big thank you to all who take the time to post on the forums.

Post Thanks / Like
    Warden
    Welcome to the forum;
    Tell us what options you chose and what drivetrain you decided on.
    Dale
    Hemi33

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and have fun. Sounds like you have done your homework. It will pay dividends in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went the donor route. Bought a running 1985 mustang GT with a fresh rebuilt 302 stretched to 306 by Mustang Central in Byron Ga. It also had a new T5 tranny as well as a new rear end. The only issue was the rear was a 4 lug. I worked a deal with the great folks at MPS in Statham Ga. and bought one of there 8.8 FFR specials with 3.55 gears and a safety bellhousing (just in case!). I live about an hour from MPS so I saved on shipping by picking up and they also bought my rolling donor chasis. Did I mention I'm 25 minutes from Summit Racing in McDonough? Too close $$$.

Before I pulled the drivetrain from the donor I drove it till I was satisfied it was solid and it was very fast in the Foxbody! Pulled the engine and stripped it down for paint. I'm going a little different with the color and painted the e block black and the heads and valve covers are a copper color ( doesn't show up too well in the pictures but looks awesome in the sun! I will use the same colors on the body. She will be carburated and I ordered the hardtop, AC, power windows and chrome tilt steering. FFR powder coat and 4 link rear suspension rounds it out.
    Last edited by Warden; 07-18-2015 at 05:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to figure out the best/easiest way to post some pictures so please be patient as I screw up!

Slowly putting the engine back together and I will be taking the brakes off the MPS rearend for painting.

engine.jpgrear.jpg!
    Last edited by Warden; 07-22-2015 at 03:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Motor and rear look good. Sounds like it will be a fun build. Keep the updates coming

Post Thanks / Like
    As many of you have had happen, my job has gotten in the way of my build. I hope to make the drive to FFR in a couple of weeks to pick up my hotrod. It's ready and waiting. Today my wife sent me a text telling me I had a package arrive by UPS! Seems I forgot to tell her I ordered a fuel tank from Boyds. I made it home and unpacked it and then I heard those familiar words spoken from my wife " I thought it would be bigger!" The story of my life!!!20151027_191518.jpg

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    You will be glad you bought the Boyd tank, IMO. Keep up the great posts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty cool man..hope your pick up goes well. You will probably be driving through my neck of the woods when you go pick up the kit if you take 95 through CT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bbksv View Post
    Pretty cool man..hope your pick up goes well. You will probably be driving through my neck of the woods when you go pick up the kit if you take 95 through CT.
    I will let you know. Going on the boat anytime soon?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am heading down to my boat in Dec..but I have a little more training before I go out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pick it up yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Two Thursdays ago I was thirty minutes from leaving and had to cancel. Trying to reschedule now. I was not a happy camper!

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet. Let me know if you will be coming through my neck of the woods..otherwise I will be leaving for Kingsland, GA on Dec 17th

Post Thanks / Like
    I was about 50 miles from Kingsland for Thanksgiving in Waycross. Did you sell yours?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope..had a bunch of interest and a lot of trade offers but not what I am looking for. I have 2 guys that are very interested in buying but need to wait till after the new year..but we will see. I am still tinkering with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw your post on the latches. Looks like another purchase I can plan on. Is that the way to go?

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely. Way easier to operate now.