Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Race Report - National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Race Report - National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park

Last weekend several Challenge Series regulars and I got to try out the new National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park in Bowling Green, KY. The weekends schedule included a Test and Tune on Friday and Races on Saturday and Sunday. I didn’t arrive until Friday evening but as I understand it Brian, Greg, Mike T., Mike D. and Eric took to the track on Friday; Eric may have been the only who has been on the track before this weekend. Greg fought fuel delivery issues all day ultimately fixing it with a new fuel filter so he only saw a few laps of action all day. Also on Friday, Brian had a master cylinder that wouldn’t build any pressure ending his weekend early.

Saturday brought on the heat and the fun. Mike D., Mike T., Greg, Eric and I took to the track first thing Saturday morning for practice. Now, in preparation for this weekend I scoured youtube for any and all incar footage to get an idea of the track lay out. It didn't work; I was totally lost on the first few laps driving mostly in the middle of he track but at least I was doing it slowly. They had to break out the sundial to time me. Qualifying was a little better but still pretty slow. At some point I put a hole in my radiator as was evidenced by the water pouring from under my car. Uh-oh.

More to come.
    Last edited by avgjoe; 07-27-2015 at 03:10 PM.
    FFR Spec Racer