Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LCD Gauges Product Release & Promo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LCD Gauges Product Release & Promo!

Hello Everyone,

I’d like to announce the product launch of the LCD gauge system – The PRO-LCDi-100!

This kit will be sold under my existing business name of Procision-Auto.
    New updates as I'm changing servers!

New email and URL will be:

[email protected]
    www.lcddash.com

News and updates to follow within the next few weeks!

Aventador Skin shown (available for download, as well as many others):

If you have trouble retrieving the file, send me a message with your personal email and I’ll send it

your way.

**Note: You do not have to tear apart your dash to install the system. The following post will outline
    Basic wiring, and hardware installation. Specific details, and instructions for wiring and install will be
    sent with your product in PDF format.

Introductory pricing is as follows:
    CDN funds + taxes, and shipping (see estimated shipping costs below). If you have a compatible tablet, you can order basic systems. Inquire about tablet
    compatibility before ordering your kit.
    Options and pricing breakdown
    Attachment 72994

if you have already cut your gauge pod inlay/bezel, you will need to fabricate or purchase another.
    I’m working with a forum member in the United States who can provide these bezels in Carbon Fiber
    for $65 USD + tax, and shipping

A deposit of $350 is required, and balance due upon shipment. Allow 3-4 weeks for delivery.
    Payments can be made via PayPal, Money Order, or Credit Card (soon to be established).

Thank you again for your interest, and if you have any questions/comments after reading the PDF,
    feel free to post them here, or send me a message!

Sincerely,
    Tino

FedEx Shipping Estimates:
    Ontario - $25 (3 business days)
    Canada – Toronto to Victoria BC , $45 (5 business days)
    USA – Toronto to California, $100 (5 business days)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LCD Gauges; 10-18-2019 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Adding OBDII info! Price Updates
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Basic Connections

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LCD Screen and Hardware Install Procedure

To be uploaded shortly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, my video idea didn't work out so well. Instead, I've uploaded some photos of the install procedure.
    The installation manual will be more detailed, and specific with connections and walk you through each step.
    Hopefully this will illustrate the process for converting from analog gauges to the LCD screen.

Process (for those with analog gauges already installed):
    - Remove the battery negative cable.
    - Tilt steering column down (if equipped), and remove steering wheel for ease of access (not necessary, but easier!)
    - Remove screws for analog gauge bezel
    - Disconnect the signal wires for each gauge. Label them accordingly.
    first_step.jpg
    - Disconnect the turn signal, and high beam wires, and label them.
    - Set aside all of the gauge signal wires, high beam, and turn signal wires.
    - Make these wires available for the processor box, and ensure they are long enough to reach.
    - At this time, feed the supplied USB data/power cables into the dash pod area.
    second_step.jpg
    - Test fit the LCD screen in the pod. Ensure you have enough clearance from the steering
    column to the inside edge of the fiberglass pod.
    tablet_pod.jpg
    - You may need to install more shims to lower the steering column (2 bolts).
    - Longer bolts may be required to allow the nut to screw onto the threads with the extra shimming applied
    20150715_154116.jpg
    - Once you are satisfied with the clearances, the new bezel opening can be cut
    for the LCD screen size.
    - The example below is a poly carbonate template, however this is for illustration
    purposes only. If you have not cut your FFR bezel, you may utilize the supplied
    part with your kit to mount the tablet.

For those that have already cut their bezel, you may purchase a new part through
    me if needed. Similar carbon fibre finishes will be available.
    lcd_TRIM.jpg
    Once the opening has been cut, the supplied foam gasket edging can be applied.
    This will serve to protect the face of the tablet, and also provide a gripping surface.
    lcd_gasket.jpg
    All hardware required to mount the table to the bezel is included with the kit.
    Some drilling is necessary to secure the brackets to the bezel. A template will
    be provided.
    tablet_holder.jpg
    Before mounting the bezel to the pod, connect the USB cable to the side of the tablet.
    This connection will serve to transfer the vehicle data from the processor box to the
    tablet, as well as for downloading data logs, or setting up your system.
    final_step.jpg

- Once you have connected the signal wires to the processor box, the negative battery cable
    can be restored.

- The installation manual will provide more in depth information for each connection, and suggested
    locations. Once the processor is powered, you can begin using the LCD gauges.
    final_look.jpg

Total installation time is estimated at four hours for wiring, and about four hours for cutting/installing the bezel
    depending on your comfort level.

If there are any questions, please post them here or send me a private message.

Thanks!
    Last edited by LCD Gauges; 08-01-2015 at 03:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I’ve been researching several LCD gauge products and data loggers while designing my system to stay ahead of the
    game, but also to track trends. The current craze is the OBDII port readers that interface with cellphones and tablets
    to import vehicle data. These are generally cheaper and offer a great deal of information, however they lack certain
    inputs for turn signals, fuel level, etc. which is essential for a standard gauge cluster. The OBDII data stream is also
    somewhat slow making certain gauges lag, or look choppy (IE: RPM). This is my experience with most protocols to date.

While receiving comments, and reading member posts describing their wants/needs, it appears a more economical
    solution is appropriate in addition to the PRO-LCDi-100 product.

The expense is largely governed by the screen as I’m using notebooks (mini laptop), or tablets to display the info.
    Compared to the competition, this format keeps the cost down while allowing additional options at no extra cost.

As an alternative I’d like to offer a system that incorporates a smaller, less expensive 7-8 inch display with an OBDII
    option. By using an ODBII cable instead of wiring harnesses and sensors, costs can further be reduced. Estimated
    costs for the ECO (economy) setup is $750 CDN. I’m fairly confident that this figure can be met with ease, and
    possibly incorporate a touchscreen at the same cost.

I’ve made a matrix for some of the more popular systems using spec sheets and MFG web sites. Pricing is sourced
    from EBay, Amazon, or MFG website. Note that my figures are stated in Canadian funds when comparing; which is
    a bonus with the exchange rate at the moment.

As a side note, the GTM is getting the interior installed at the moment which allow me to get a proper video uploaded
    of the LCD gauges in operation. Sorry that it has taken so long to get to this point, I’ve really under estimated the amount
    of work involved getting the car prepped!
    matrix.png

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A good amount of prelim testing has been accomplished and everything is working well.

Aside from calibrating sensors to the graphic scales, polling delays are needed to slow down the updates for fuel level, temperature, and readings of that nature.
    Without a delay, the fuel gauge is constantly changing level as the fuel sloshes around when driving.

I am also moving toward a custom printed circuit board which will eliminate most of the wiring and possibly allow the use of a dedicated ATMEL procesor. Ultimately this means there is no need for the Arduino.
    print-circuit.jpg
    The LCD display looks great so far and has received several compliments when showing off the interior. Now that everything is working, I will be spending more time developing new layouts and skins for the display.

I'd like to try a layout that resembles the LaFerrari gauges, coupled with the Reventon display. A clean layout with some unique gauge representations. These will be made available for download at no extra cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Before updating this thread, I'd like to apologize for the lack of continuity and communication. Not only did I underestimate the huge undertaking
    to design, proto-type, and test this idea, I've been side tracked with some immediate family emergencies. These past two months have been very
    difficult, however the show must go on!

Since I last posted a new 'skin' has been created to make more use of screen space. It's a complete revamp of the layout while keeping a clean,
    easy to read information panel. I'm working on a "Track Overlay" to log lap times, position, etc. The accelerometer gauge still needs some tweaking,
    but overall it's working well.
    new_dash.jpgnew_dash2.jpgnew_dash3.jpg

For the next skin, I'm going to simulate an aircraft display. Being such a hardcore aviation fanatic, this will likely
    be my display of choice!

Imagine these radial type indicators for engine temperature, oil pressure, etc.
    Bar graphs for fuel pressure, fuel level and things of that nature.
    ED_jet.jpgeis-engine-page-image.jpg
    This will be the main section for Speed, RPM and accelerometer.
    There is even room for elevation, heading, and other NAV aids
    lcd_jet.jpg

I think it will be a fun task over the Winter! Before that happens I have promised a working video demo in the car.
    Without giving timelines and false promises it will be coming sooner than later. Once again, I do apologize for letting
    this sit for so long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...! That is amazing.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I’m excited to finally be able to post updates on this project. The tail end of 2015 has been very difficult for me, but the show must go on!
    If you’ve been following my build thread, you’ll also note the starter issues with my GTM that have impeded testing and video of this project.
    new_dash.jpg

Here is a quick video of the screen in the car idling:

Preliminary testing of the LCD dash has shown promising results. Day time driving shows well on the screen with direct sunlight. The numbers
    and graphics are easy to read and the contrast is decent. I feel comfortable stating that the brightness level is more than adequate for covered
    cabin cars like the GTM.

With the one inch spacers on the steering column fitting the tablet in the dash pod is a bit tight. It would be wise to increase the spacing to
    1.5 inches for sufficient clearance.

Battery life on the Acer Switch 10 is very good. I’ve setup the computer to enter Hibernate mode after one minute of engine shutdown. If you
    don’t drive your car for two weeks from a full charge, the tablet will power up out of Hibernate when the ignition is switched on. The trouble
    with going longer than two weeks is the risk of draining the tablet battery beyond recovery. This means you will have to access the power
    switch to boot up the system. This could mean removing the bezel to access the power button which is a bit of a hassle. I’m going to fabricate
    a harness that will allow external charging for those of us who don’t drive our cars on a weekly basis.

Aside from those little quirks, I’m content with how the beta testing has progressed. The WIFI data transfer is awesome for getting the vehicle
    data log to your home computer. You can use remote email or setup a network so you can see the GTM in your directory tree.
    LCDiNetwork.png
    Currently there are four skins for use:
    1. Analog style portrait
    2. Analog style landscape
    3. Digital gauge layout
    4. Aircraft replica instrumentation (in progress)
    Audi_basic.jpgmodified_final2.jpgdigitalLCDi.png

accell2.pngaccell.pngeis-engine-page-image.jpg

The next stage of the LCDi system design in underway. An ABS / Traction control feature will be offered as model designation PRO-LCDi-200.
    As you can see from the previously posted chart, the 200 series systems are fully customizable and offer all features of the 100 model.
    Programming has already begun and I’m in the midst of sourcing an ABS module that can be installed in our cars.

matrix.png
    With all hope the traction control will be ready for testing by mid-Summer. I’m also working on a new website to host all of the skins, program
    updates, and PDF manuals. The target date for the new website is end of this coming March!

Thanks for your interest in reading.
    Last edited by LCD Gauges; 01-11-2016 at 08:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it! I'm trying to stay focused on just getting the car fired up in the next couple of months but when I see this I start wandering about things farther down the road and I get excited..... And also overwhelmed that I have so much farther to go! Keep the updates coming

Post Thanks / Like
    This is incredibly cool. Nice work! Great value, too. I plan to pull the trigger on a Gen 2 next year. I will be going with your LCD setup!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A quick update on this project. This video includes:

- Traction Control circuit
    - Wide Band AFR gauge
    - Accelerometer
    - Light sensor

I'll have to upload another video to describe the Electronic Engine Start/Stop and other features like the Config File and Log File features.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The latest and greatest in the development of this project is the addition of OBDII messaging
    from the data port.

Many more parameters can now be logged and displayed with a significant reduction in wiring.
    With hundreds of sensors and PID’s to poll, the possibilities are pretty much endless. Along with
    displaying gauge information, the system can generate DTC codes with general fault info to help
    with trouble-shooting or vehicle maintenance.

There are still some limitations with using the ODBII port exclusively as RPM, Speed, AFR, Boost,
    shift light info (to name a few) are too slow for accurate gauge indications. Luckily the ATMEL chip
    is able to poll these sensors in real time up to 16,000 times per second if needed! At the moment,
    the software is set for 60 samples per second, or about 17 milliseconds between updates.

Here’s a quick video of the demo software working on my daily driver:

http://<a href="http://www.youtube.c...fvOFVdDhDc</a>
    Last edited by LCD Gauges; 04-17-2016 at 09:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    This is the season to complete the test stage of this system. I've made some good progress with respect to getting the base
    options to work, however my efforts were cut short by an unexpected water-pump issue on my car a few weeks ago.

With my car in storage for a relocation/house sale, I won't be able to get another update until mid July at the earliest.
    Until that time I can report the following:

- The screen brightness and glare is a non issue even in clear, bright sunny conditions. I've driven the car in many
    lighting scenarios and there is no trouble reading the display.

- With the current bezel mounting, the light sensor of the tablet is blocked which lowers the brightness level of the
    display. Even with this considered, the graphics are easy to interpret. The light sensor can be over-ridden, or
    a future modification can be made to add an LED that illuminates to simulate bright ambient interior lighting.

- The following photos are taken from an over shoulder action camera with limited resolution. These photos
    are meant to show the brightness of the tablet compared to the lighting in the cabin.

gtm_day.jpggtm_night.jpg

- The GPS module is slick. All data is automatically saved and co-ordinates can be uploaded to many online
    tracking apps to show your driven route. The current sample rate is 60 points per second which is far too
    many for mapping. I'll have to reduce this interval to about 10 samples per second.

gtm_log.pnggtm_map.png

The next step is to develop a printed circuit board and move all the discrete components from the test board
    to a permanently soldered circuit board. I've also stumbled upon a source for automotive grade LCD monitors
    that use CAN bus for data transfer. I'll be looking to get a quote this week and may possibly be able to integrate
    a screen that is better sized for the dash pod.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What size is the tablet you use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The current tablet is an Acer Switch 10, with a 10.1" screen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A quick update for those following the progress:

I've designed and ordered custom printed circuit board which will arrive any day now. The proto-type worked great so it's time to set everything in stone.
    I'll be able to verify the circuit boards and then offer the system as a 'production grade' kit.

The next project will be designing a more entry level, lower cost option to compete with phone apps. This version will the ability of expansion for options
    that are offered in the 100 series, but use a stripped down basic set of features (IE: no outside air temperature, or ambient light sensor as standard equipment).

OBDII capabilities will be introduced on all models which also reduces the amount of wiring harnesses and connections.

I'm currently setting up the option of having an 8 inch and 10 inch LCD screens for all versions to be more competitive with pricing as well as make installation
    easier.

Once I have the graphics programmed for the 8 inch screen, I'll upload a photo.

LCDi_teaser.png20160901_230718.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice. This has been quite a project for you. Glad to see it coming to fruition.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    any news on the updated prices? and will it work with windows still or android also?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A bit more of a teaser for the revised digital screen layout. This skin will be available for 10 and 8 inch screens.
    There’s still more editing required, but the general “look” is starting to bloom.

The circuit boards arrived yesterday and they are A1 quality – much better than I expected. These boards will
    be used for Beta Test units and probably won’t need much change (if any at all).

LCDi_PCB.jpgpcb1.jpg

Minimal gauges for a cleaner look vs. more display options. I'll still need to add the Accelerometer, and
    other messages. AFR and Fuel pressure can be selected off (optional). The tachometer indicator still
    needs more graphic work and a more visible line for "sport mode".
    LCDi_8.jpgLCDi_8c_testall.jpg

Vaydor,

Price point for the entry level kit is still being considered as I have to test the system with the smaller screen
    and ensure all of the features can be reproduced using OBDII (CAN bus and other protocols).

I’m aiming for about 50% reduction in pricing to come in around $600 CDN and stay ahead of competitive systems
    with extra features. Once the 100 series is fully tested, I’ll start working on the OBDII models which will be about
    end of September.

Unfortunately, development is not quick or an easy task as I’m a 1 man show. Most of the code can be pulled
    from the 100 series, and the graphics are pretty much done. Programming completion for the OBDII module
    is estimated by end of October.

Currently, the software only works with Window's based tablets. Android and Apple are planned for the future
    if this product grabs enough interest.
    Last edited by LCD Gauges; 09-09-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    600 sounds a lot better would love to see the 8inch screen with aventador style gauges

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also there are people producing brackets for this but none for windows I have bought one for nexus 7 inch would like to see your software working on this platform keep up the great work

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooh i doubt it unfortunately. Windows uses a different coding language to Android. C# i believe.

I have a question for Tino, can we change the GUI layout of the HUD on the LCD? For example, someone on this thread said they would want to make it look like a Lambo Aventador. Can we do this easily?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Tom, it's as easy as loading a different file. The skin can be changed as often as you like.

I'll definitely be working on the Aventador style gauge as it will fit nicely on the smaller 8 inch screen.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The graphics for the aventador can be downloaded free online

Post Thanks / Like
    When will this be available for purchase?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The 100 version will be ready to go in about two weeks. I just need to test the circuit board and the smaller 8 inch screen.

I'd like to offer the 100 model with an option to have OBDII expansion as well as make it more customised.

For instance, those not wanting "Twilight Sentinel" or Courtesy Lighting with Door Sensors can opt out at reduced price.

I'll make up an options list over the weekend with some price breakdowns for each feature. I will also start a new thread
    and contact anyone who PM'd me about a group purchase.

Thanks for your questions, comments, and interest!
    Tino
    Last edited by LCD Gauges; 09-15-2016 at 05:00 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 100% interested please let me know
    I bought the nexus 7 sls bracket please let me know if your 8 inch tablet fits in it.
    http://m.fifieldfabrications.com/AND...HONE-KITS.html

And will the 100 series show the following icons:
    Indicators
    Door open
    Lights on
    Service due

Post Thanks / Like
    Man i'm so pumped for these gauges

I'm figuring out a way to justify the purchase price to the misses as we speak

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Tom, here's more leverage for your cause: Tell her that you'll sell the current analog gauges and use the money toward the purchase of the LCD setup.

I've put together a chart with some options for those not wanting all the , "bells and whistles". Keep in mind, you can add to any system in the future using the
    options list at the bottom of the chart.

I'm working on the OBDII module which will add several parameters, gauge options, and also act as a code reader (among other things). For those that
    purchase the LCDi-100 full version early (As per PDF), you will receive the OBDII at no extra cost. You just need to pay for shipping of the module which
    will be a small handheld box that weighs less than a pound.

To stay competitive with other entry level gauge products, I've broken down the features and offered a system with/without a display monitor. I'll start
    another thread for formal orders for those not following this thread. Those of you whom have replied here can Private Message me if you would like to
    order a system.

The Product Promo PDF can be downloaded from my website using this link (right-click, “save as”):
    http://www.procision-auto.com/ProAut...PromoSheet.pdf

Please reference the first post of this thread for more details and order/shipping info.

Thanks,
    Tino

Download this image to your computer for full size viewing, or use the Magnify tool in your browser once loaded.
    Attachment 58667

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Aventador gauges in the making. The most requested style so far! It starts with an image and then I begin setting the backdrop.

Soon it will resemble the original photo with moving needles and numbers in high resolution.

avent2.jpgavent1.jpgaventador1b.jpg

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    also will thiss work on a 7inch windows tablet?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    also what componants are required to work with it such as sensor componant
    thanks

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    mabey you can pull the PSD files from this

http://kb3zow.deviantart.com/art/Ave...-1-0-469524498
    Last edited by vaydor; 09-18-2016 at 02:22 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    you bezel guy makes for all speedos?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vaydor View Post
    also will thiss work on a 7inch windows tablet?
    Yes, but I may have to redo the graphics to make it fit properly. Obviously the gauges will appear a bit smaller, but the functionality
    will be the same.

also what componants are required to work with it such as sensor componant
    thanks

The non-basic models will accept 5 to 15 VDC digital input and PWM, and 5 to 15 Volt analog or variable DC signal. More info is available in the PDF.

your bezel guy makes for all speedos?

My bezel guy is a forum member and friend. We initially setup bezel fabrication for GTM and FFR kit cars. When you're ready, I can
    ask if he is able to work with custom setups.

As for the PSD file, thank you for the link but this has to be my material as it will be sold as a product.
    Last edited by LCD Gauges; 09-18-2016 at 03:35 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok well il be looking to get this in 7 inch if possible so I can uterlize my bracket and it will be a better fit for my dash looking forward to seeing Demo
    Thanks

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This will work on a Infiniti g35 setup right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vaydor View Post
    This will work on a Infiniti g35 setup right?
    I can't see why it wouldn't. What year and engine code?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast