Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LCD Gauges Product Release & Promo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LCD Gauges Product Release & Promo!

Hello Everyone,

I’d like to announce the improved design of the LCD gauge system – The LCDi-100 and LCDi-200 Version 2!

New System Enhancements Include:

- 4 screen sizes (12.3, 9, 8, 7 inch)
    - 3D Graphics and animations
    - Lower operating power
    - Lower standby power
    - 1 second wake time
    - OEM like function

New Options (inquire about pricing):
    - Vintage Air touchscreen Controller
    - 3rd Party software menu launch screen
    - LED light controller
    - Heads-up display
    - AccuAir Air Suspension Controller
    - Power window controller
    - Power lock /door popper controller

Pricing is as follows (double click in browser for full-screen image):
    Attachment 89320
    CDN funds + shipping (see estimated shipping costs below). If you have a compatible tablet,
    you can order basic systems. Inquire about tablet compatibility before ordering your kit.

FedEx Shipping Estimates:
    Ontario - $25 (3 business days)
    Canada – Toronto to Victoria BC , $45 (5 business days)
    USA – Toronto to California, $100 (5 business days)

Click Here for LCD-200 System Pricing:
    http://www.procision-auto.com/assets...00_pricing.jpg

if you have already cut your gauge pod inlay/bezel, you will need to fabricate or purchase another.

A deposit of $350 is required, and balance due upon shipment. Allow 3-4 weeks for delivery.
    Payments can be made via PayPal, or Cheque.

If you have any questions/comments after reading the PDF, feel free to post them here, or send me a message!

Sincerely,
    Tino

Attachment 89321Attachment 89322Attachment 89323Attachment 89324Attachment 89325
    Last edited by LCD Gauges; 07-23-2018 at 02:38 PM.
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    PDF to be update by July 28, 2018
    Last edited by LCD Gauges; 07-23-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Procision-Auto View Post
    Very cool. looking forward to seeing the moldings for the dash.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

That man is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Post Thanks / Like
    I already tried a Android based tablet as a dash on my 818R. I couldn't see anything on the screen. Sunlight ruined the experience, so I went back to my Traqmate dash.

Maybe if you fully enclose it and stuff it farther back into the dash housing. For me, that would not be a good place to see it since the steering wheel was in the way.
    Thanks- Chad
    818R-SOLD!!!- Go Karted 7/20/14/ Officially raced NASA ST2- 2/28/15
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Racecar Chassis #20
    1969 Porsche 911ST Vintage Race Car
    1972 Porsche 911T (#'s matching undergoing nut & bolt resto in my garage)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the reply. Was your tablet an LED, or LCD type? The tablet I'd like to include with the kit is LED backlit which seems brighter than LCD
    technology. I don't have an open roof car to test, but I've been using the tablet outdoors and it's not too bad. I'd just like to have some real time testing
    in a car without any shielding to know if it's good enough to incorporate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    FYI... the LED/LCD is for the most part marketing mumbo-jumbo. (LCD is a Liquid Crystal Display; LED is light emitting Diode). Early LCD monitors and TV's used florescent backlights but when LED efficacy improved to the point that large LED backlights were feasible, they were called 'LED TV's'. Most LCDs now uses LEDs for backlighting (excpet large, budget TVs/monitors), and unless your talking about an electronic billboard which has discrete LEDs at each pixel (Jumbotron, etc..) any display called LED is likely referring to the backlight and actually has an LCD panel in it. So LCD vs LED doesn't tell you anything! .

Some phones/small tablets use OLED (organic light emitting diode) panels. These are active matrix emmisive displays. They have great image quality (contrast, color, viewing angle) but are definitely not bright enough for a vehicle display.

For a dashboard application, LCD vs LED is meaningless and OLED is practically useless. What you need is a display that's designed to be (and marketed as) daylight readable. Typically this is an LCD panel with better anti-reflective coatings and a MUCH bright LED backlight. These displays are generally not put into tablets as they're thicker and consume more power. They are available to OEMs, but can be tough to source/integrate in small quantities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the response. As mentioned in my previous reply, the LED backlit display that I 'd like to use seems brighter in open daylight compared to my
    laptop as it has a more even illumination.

When comparing the my laptop to the tablet, the LED tbalet is much improved for brightness, however the NIT level is about half of what you would expect
    from proper OEM dash displays (normally about 800-1000 NIT).

I am trying some anti-glare films to test whether they are good enough for an open roof car. As you say, the displays are very expensive to source from 3rd
    party suppliers in small quantities.

I'll keep you all posted on the testing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I’ve been researching several LCD gauge products and data loggers while designing my system to stay ahead of the
    game, but also to track trends. The current craze is the OBDII port readers that interface with cellphones and tablets
    to import vehicle data. These are generally cheaper and offer a great deal of information, however they lack certain
    inputs for turn signals, fuel level, etc. which is essential for a standard gauge cluster. The OBDII data stream is also
    somewhat slow making certain gauges lag, or look choppy (IE: RPM).

While receiving comments, and reading member posts describing their wants/needs, it appears a more economical
    solution is appropriate in addition to the PRO-LCDi-100 product.

The expense is largely governed by the screen as I’m using notebooks (mini laptop), or tablets to display the info.
    Compared to the competition, this format keeps the cost down while allowing additional options at no extra cost.

As an alternative I’d like to offer a system that incorporates a smaller, less expensive 7-8 inch display with an OBDII
    option. By using an ODBII cable instead of wiring harnesses and sensors, costs can further be reduced. Estimated
    costs for the ECO (economy) setup is $750 CDN. I’m fairly confident that this figure can be met with ease, and
    possibly incorporate a touchscreen at the same cost.

I’ve made a matrix for some of the more popular systems using spec sheets and MFG web sites. Pricing is sourced
    from EBay, Amazon, or MFG website. Note that my figures are stated in Canadian funds when comparing; which is
    a bonus with the exchange rate at the moment.

As a side note, the GTM is getting the interior installed at the moment which allow me to get a proper video uploaded
    of the LCD gauges in operation. Sorry that it has taken so long to get to this point, I’ve really under estimated the amount
    of work involved getting the car prepped!

matrix.png

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I’m excited to finally be able to post updates on this project. The tail end of 2015 has been very difficult for me, but the show must go on!
    If you’ve been following my build thread, you’ll also note the starter issues with my GTM that have impeded testing and video of this project.
    Attachment 49621

Here is a quick video of the screen in the car idling:

Preliminary testing of the LCD dash has shown promising results. Day time driving shows well on the screen with direct sunlight. The numbers
    and graphics are easy to read and the contrast is decent. I feel comfortable stating that the brightness level is more than adequate for covered
    cabin cars like the GTM.

With the one inch spacers on the steering column fitting the tablet in the dash pod is a bit tight. It would be wise to increase the spacing to
    1.5 inches for sufficient clearance.

Battery life on the Acer Switch 10 is very good. I’ve setup the computer to enter Hibernate mode after one minute of engine shutdown. If you
    don’t drive your car for two weeks from a full charge, the tablet will power up out of Hibernate when the ignition is switched on. The trouble
    with going longer than two weeks is the risk of draining the tablet battery beyond recovery. This means you will have to access the power
    switch to boot up the system. This could mean removing the bezel to access the power button which is a bit of a hassle. I’m going to fabricate
    a harness that will allow external charging for those of us who don’t drive our cars on a weekly basis.

Aside from those little quirks, I’m content with how the beta testing has progressed. The WIFI data transfer is awesome for getting the vehicle
    data log to your home computer. You can use remote email or setup a network so you can see the GTM in your directory tree.
    Attachment 49614
    Currently there are four skins for use:
    1. Analog style portrait
    2. Analog style landscape
    3. Digital gauge layout
    4. Aircraft replica instrumentation (in progress)
    Attachment 49617Attachment 49620Attachment 49618

Attachment 49616Attachment 49615Attachment 49619

The next stage of the LCDi system design in underway. An ABS / Traction control feature will be offered as model designation PRO-LCDi-200.
    As you can see from the previously posted chart, the 200 series systems are fully customizable and offer all features of the 100 model.
    Programming has already begun and I’m in the midst of sourcing an ABS module that can be installed in our cars.

Attachment 49622
    With all hope the traction control will be ready for testing by mid-Summer. I’m also working on a new website to host all of the skins, program
    updates, and PDF manuals. The target date for the new website is end of this coming March!

Thanks for your interest in reading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ontario?? Hey that's great! A product I could get cheap, no USD exchange and minimal shipping!

Can it handle other features/sensors?

How can it handle the VSS? I mean how do you configure it? Pulses per wheel rotation? Do you need to input the tire size for the calculations? I'm interesting about how the system calculates the speed and what the user can input as parameters to change/adjust the signal's precision.

You'd have to test in an open roof car to secure the brightness level.
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good questions.

Speed can be obtained using three different methods:

• GPS with a polling rate of 250 milliseconds (4 Hz) minimum
    • Wheel sensor, or transaxle reluctor sensor
    • OBDII port (200-300 series)

The software is setup to allow for tire OD, gear changes, and sensor calibration (tooth count and voltage level) through a text file
    Which is simple for the user to adjust. With the built in GPS, you can verify the VSS numbers.

Speed_calibration.png
    At the moment the module is configured for basic inputs, however for those wanting a MAP/Boost it would be easy to add.
    If you haven’t already, check out my YouTube channel which has a bunch of tests on accessories like Bluetooth, Sonar sensor,
    Light sensors, etc.

There are plans for smart phone remote and monitoring, dual screen models (300), relay output module for additional high current
    Control (lights, door release, horn, etc.)

I’m working on an OBDII interface that will be able to read all PCM data and allow the User to select which extra gauges to display.
    It will also read and display trouble codes. It will be organized so that any add-on can be easily adapted without swapping hardware.
    So much to do, so little time!

Yes, I agree that open-roof cars need to be tested for brightness. Hopefully we’ll get some beta testers for this season.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    You've done some great homeworks there. Maybe I can swap my cluster to one of these at some point, I've always been pushed back so far cuz of the brightness issues, the update speed issue (how fast/real time data shows) and the available features and customization.

I guess we can use some of our own pictographs too? For instance, regulations force me to have an ebrake indicator light and pictograph, it seems you don't have that standard, if I have a pictograph I can upload it and configure one of the optional inputs and voilà?

Any plans on allowing the user to totally customize the looks?

I'll keep that cluster (if we can call a tablet a cluster ) on my interesting upgrades for sure.
    Finally Canada is doing something good in the aftermarket car industry!
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I guess we can use some of our own pictographs too? For instance, regulations force me to have an ebrake indicator
    light and pictograph, it seems you don't have that standard, if I have a pictograph I can upload it and configure one
    of the optional inputs and voilà?
    e-brake indicator is not a problem. I can draw one, or just download an image. If you want, it can be configured to have
    a picture of your face show when the e-brake is engaged!

Any plans on allowing the user to totally customize the looks?
    There are already some basic user custom features. Colours, screen modes,
    warning set points, maintenance reminders, etc.

As for the graphics, it will be very difficult for the user to manipulate the screen.
    It is however very easy to insert your own graphic icons. All you would have to
    change is the picture in the DATA folder, and rename it.

Finally Canada is doing something good in the aftermarket car industry!
    Canada?! I'm just a small town city boy. That's a big title to carry, but thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, good to know.

About graphics customization, it doesn't go as far as say one wants a big round needle tacho in the center with digital speedo in its center, on the sides digital gauges with bars (like yours) or half/full moon smaller gauges with all the warning/indicator lights at the bottom and turn signal at top, a user wouldn't be able to draw that, correct?

On a side note, can your system handle wideband AFR signal?
    I'm trying to see if I could ditch all my gauges and include them all in your system. In my case I have oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, voltage, OAT, fuel level, boost/vacc (MAP), OBDI t-body opening, wideband AFR and Intercooler In and Out temps. But that's just me, it's personal, other people have less and some even more.
    Since you mention the user can configure pretty much any low/high warnings on any of the inputs, I could then ditch some sensors used just for those warning with my old VW cluster.

Also, for the fun of it, if I understood the color vs values of inputs, color can change depending on the value? For instance MAP, could have cold blue color under 0psi, then yellow between 0 and 10psi and red above 10 psi? Did I understand correctly the customization here?

Sorry for all those Qs, I'm picky when it comes to the cluster and all the controls I want to have over the car. The car must not hide anything from me, I control it, not the other way around.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank818 View Post
    Ok, good to know.

About graphics customization, it doesn't go as far as say one wants a big round needle tacho in the center with digital speedo in its center, on the sides digital gauges with bars (like yours) or half/full moon smaller gauges with all the warning/indicator lights at the bottom and turn signal at top, a user wouldn't be able to draw that, correct?

The graphic customization is nearly limitless with respect to what I can provide with advanced notice. In reality, making the code to allow the user to make their own gauges, position them, etc. would be a monumental task. It would be easier to work with the end user (you) to develop a layout before ordering. This solution will still allow some editing for colours, set points, custom messages, etc.

On a side note, can your system handle wideband AFR signal?
    I'm trying to see if I could ditch all my gauges and include them all in your system. In my case I have oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, voltage, OAT, fuel level, boost/vacc (MAP), OBDI t-body opening, wideband AFR and Intercooler In and Out temps. But that's just me, it's personal, other people have less and some even more.
    I haven’t worked in a wideband sensor yet, but it’s on my list. The processor can accept analog,
    Digital, PWM, and a range of frequency inputs which allows for pretty much any sensor available.

ince you mention the user can configure pretty much any low/high warnings on any of the inputs, I could then ditch some sensors used just for those warning with my old VW cluster.

Also, for the fun of it, if I understood the color vs values of inputs, color can change depending on the value? For instance MAP, could have cold blue color under 0psi, then yellow between 0 and 10psi and red above 10 psi? Did I understand correctly the customization here?
    Yes, that’s correct. The gauges will change colour based on where you set the upper and lower

thresholds. I’ve attached a video of the RPM slider, but the colour doesn’t show well.* When I get

the chance later, I’ll upload some screen shots which are cleaner looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You can see RPM gauge change colour from green to yellow to red as the RPM increases. This is the same for the other gauges as the adjustable set points are reached.

rpm1.pngrpm2.pngrpm3.png

In this picture you can see the white, yellow, and red markers:

- White = 4 second RPM shift peak hold
    - Yellow = shift light set
    - Red = engine redline
    rpm4.png

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, man, very nice! You definately are on the right track. Lots of nice features I personnaly want.

I would absolutely ask you to customize some stuff on the display, as I'm a freak of customization, but it's really cool to know you can do it on demand.

I'll keep your kit on my list, I need to drive the car at least one full summer in order to fix and tweak everything and then my plans are gear ratio changes and better cluster. Maybe by then the wideband would be supported (a must for me). I wish I could be a beta tester to help you out, but the car won't be ready for that until the summer (race track only) and IF I am lucky late Autumn for street.

Plz continue working on the system.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A quick update on this project. This video includes:

- Traction Control circuit
    - Wide Band AFR gauge
    - Accelerometer
    - Light sensor

I'll have to upload another video to describe the Electronic Engine Start/Stop and other features like the Config File and Log File features.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A bit more of a teaser for the revised digital screen layout. This skin will be available for 10 and 8 inch screens.
    There’s still more editing required, but the general “look” is starting to bloom.

The circuit boards arrived yesterday and they are A1 quality – much better than I expected. These boards will
    be used for Beta Test units and probably won’t need much change (if any at all).

Attachment 58386Attachment 58387

Minimal gauges for a cleaner look vs. more display options. I'll still need to add the Accelerometer, and
    other messages. AFR and Fuel pressure can be selected off (optional). The tachometer indicator still
    needs more graphic work and a more visible line for "sport mode".
    Attachment 58384Attachment 58385

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've put together a chart with some options for those not wanting all the , "bells and whistles". Keep in mind, you can add to any system in the future using the
    options list at the bottom of the chart.

I'm working on the OBDII module which will add several parameters, gauge options, and also act as a code reader (among other things). For those that
    purchase the LCDi-100 full version early (As per PDF), you will receive the OBDII at no extra cost. You just need to pay for shipping of the module which
    will be a small handheld box that weighs less than a pound.

To stay competitive with other entry level gauge products, I've broken down the features and offered a system with/without a display monitor. I'll start
    another thread for formal orders for those not following this thread. Those of you whom have replied here can Private Message me if you would like to
    order a system.

The Product Promo PDF can be downloaded from my website using this link (right-click, “save as”):
    http://www.procision-auto.com/ProAut...PromoSheet.pdf

Please reference the first post of this thread for more details and order/shipping info.

Thanks,
    Tino

Download this image to your computer for full size viewing, or use the Magnify tool in your browser once loaded.
    Attachment 58667

Post Thanks / Like
    Really cool. It's on my list for when I upgrade my cluster. Not before 2018 though.

Any tests in an open top yet?
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to unveil the new website which was redesigned to promote the LCD gauge systems. There are still a few documents to complete
    and some demo software to upload for user evaluation, but otherwise I'm ready to take orders. Also note, I am providing Data Loggers
    for those that don't want to change their gauges, but want to record the performance of their vehicle.

If you have some free time, please navigate through the website and let me know if you have any questions about the software or hardware
    that is available.

http://www.procision-auto.com

Once I have the User Manual, Install Manual, and Demo software uploaded I will start a new thread for taking orders. Alternatively, if you
    like what you already see, feel free to message me to order your system at any time.

Thank you and Happy New Year!
    Tino
    Attachment 62450

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The Data Logger promo sheet has been uploaded to the web site:

http://www.procision-auto.com/ProAut...PromoSheet.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Software Demo release v1.0 for Windows operating systems. Try before you buy. 32 and 64 Bit versions available. Contact me to receive your trial copy. Visit www.procision-auto.com for more information. I'll have this uploaded to my web server by the end of the week.

Custom logos for 818's available. Please report any bugs with the software. Thanks!
    LCDi_screen1.pngLCDi_screen2.png
    Last edited by LCD Gauges; 01-25-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I know some of you inquired about dual-LCD setups in the past. The 818 has a nice 'waterfall' just in front of the
    shifter for a second display or remote screen.

One of the GTM members is getting a custom made display with a touch-screen remote. Here is an example of what
    can be accomplished. Of course, for the 818 crowd the logo can be changed. This is the latest Aventador skin:

Main dash display with Aventador skin

Remote screen (minimal clutter)

"Stats" option selected (example of possible info).

Note: the electronic engine "START" button changes to "STOP" when the engine is running

At the moment I have four "skins" available, with a 5th option for "LaFerrari" to be released by mid-April

"Lamp Test" with most indicators shown

Accelerometer overlay

Basic display for a less busy looking gauge

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Aventador!

Dual displays, yes I use a tablet on my console, however it's Android and if I recall your stuff only works on Windows, right?
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    For the moment, it's a Window's based system only.

I know that I'll have to support Android and Apple as well, and believe me - it's on my list of things to do.

There's no set timeline for other platforms to be developed; I'll probably have to hire someone if there's
    enough interest because it would take me months just to get a basic grasp on each new programming language.

Having said that, my system has a very good price point when compared to other competitor products,
    even when supplying a Window's based LCD tablet. In fact, when considering the options/features it's a
    much better deal than anything out there at the moment.

In any case, I'll keep this forum posted on the progress and intentions for Android/Apple platforms.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    If it is a windows based application, move it to the latest framework and compile it for Android and Apple.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn771552.aspx

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by UnhipPopano View Post
    If it is a windows based application, move it to the latest framework and compile it for Android and Apple.

Yes, Xamarin is the way to go. That link takes you to VS2015 details, but VS2017 was recently released. Many applications can easily be 90-95% cross platform compatible out of the gate. Only minor tweaks to adjust specifically to Android or iOS. You need to have a Mac that you can connect to remotely if you want to build and deploy to iOS. This can be accomplished locally or through a cloud subscription.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UnhipPopano View Post

Thank you both for the info. I'm not sure that this will work without a bit of tweaking as AeroSTI mentions. I'll give it a shot either way.

If it works, I'll have to find you and give you a massive hug...or some sort of deal on an LCD system if you plan to go that route.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Recent developments for the 100 system is the addition of OBDII (CANBUS and J1850), as well as a larger display for the Aventador skin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    New updates for the LCD system:

The first post of this thread has been updated. Any posts within this thread dated prior to July 2018,
    are likely obsolete. So please reference the opening post, and any subsequent replies from here forward.

As you may know, I've hired a Graphic Designer who is able to provide high resolution, 3D graphics.
    My supplier has finally provided a BIOS update for the processor which means I'm able to move
    forward once again with the enhanced design.

To the end user, this means fast wake times (1 second), low standby current, and competitive cost.

I've also left my job to pursue this on a full-time basis. I'm hiring a programmer to help with the
    vehicle connectivity particulars (OBDII) and WIFI/Bluetooth options for Smart Phone apps.

This weekend I'll be going live for the first time outside of a forum to debut this system. If you're in
    the Toronto area and want to see these gauges in action, I'll be at booth #163 at ImportFest!
    July 28th, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre *(MTCC).

Here's a quick clip shown on the new 12.3 inch screen. The image below is a photo of the screen
    which is sharper and clearer than my cell phone video.

Attachment 89331

Attachment 89330
    Attachment 89332
    Attachment 89350