FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Engine Bay Dimensions

Post Thanks / Like

Engine Bay Dimensions

Hi guys - this forum is excellent! I'm looking to get my build started (had my heart set on a '33 roadster for years) but have a few quick questions - hopefully someone here can provide some answers...

Does anyone have the dimensions for the engine bay in the factory five frame? Basically looking from length from the firewall to the front coilovers, and the width at the firewall and also right before the coilovers.

I'm looking for these dimensions to see if the engine I want to use will fit the bay - FFR's site only lists a few options and I'd like to get a little more crative than that...

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2JZ33 View Post
    Does anyone have the dimensions for the engine bay in the factory five frame? Basically looking from length from the firewall to the front coilovers, and the width at the firewall and also right before the coilovers.

I'm looking for these dimensions to see if the engine I want to use will fit the bay - FFR's site only lists a few options and I'd like to get a little more crative than that...

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    On #209 the dimensions are:

Firewall to Coil Overs = 30 3/4" (actually measured from firewall to inboard portion of steering rack)
    Width at Firewall = 29 3/4"
    Right Before Coil Overs = 13 3/4" (actually measured frame to frame inboard of steering rack)

Hope that helps.
    Tim
    HR #209
    Delivered 11 May 2010
    http:/tims33.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!