Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Member in New Mexico

Post Thanks / Like

New Member in New Mexico

Hello all,

We finally decided to join after all the reading on here. My true hopes are to build our own '33 Hot Rod and make it a family learning experience. We have 2 young boys that love loud and fast cars, not sure where they get that from. I have always worked on cars and now do it for a living but I am still unsure about building one myself. Just so many questions and concerns I have but I'm sure I will find very many helpful posts on here. We hope to connect will fellow FFR owners here in New Mexico. Any helpful advice anyone has is greatly appreciated.

Pete

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Pete,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm right next door in AZ. If you work on cars for a living you should have the skills and then some to put a hot rod together. So, go for it! The actual ordering process will help you make some decisions or at least help you ask the right questions. Get on the site and go down the order form. You will see what I'm saying. Of course, you have to be careful or you might accidently submit the order and then you are on the slippery slope that we all have succumbed.

Good luck,

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi WEK,

Thank you for the words of encouragement and the only way to learn is jump right in. I am just a very cautious person and like to inform myself as much as possible before making big decisions so I will be reading much more. I will definitely go over the order form and gather my list of questions.

Thanks again,
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Pete! Welcome to the forum. No worries, I had 1000 posts on another forum before ordering my roadster. Take your time and get your options sorted before making the call. We're here to help and any and all questions are welcome and encouraged...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Pete,
    Welcome to the forum and what I call the World of Factory Five. You will enjoy the building experience and have a lot of fun.
    Doug
    Built FFR5196 MKII in 2003, 427w
    Building FFR0058HR, Edlebrock 347-AOD