Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  25
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Jazzman’s #8745 "Flip Top" Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    You are planning leave those exposed versus using the supplied carpet pieces to cover? With carpet, the fit isn't critical because they're completely buried. I'm a nut for powder coat, but those are two of only a few parts on my build that aren't powder coated. I did add some binding on the exposed edge of the carpet. But other than that the kit supplied pieces.
    I had originally planned to do that, but I don't have one of the two strange pieces of carpet that you show in your first picture. I received two very unusual pieces like that, but one of them is significantly different than the other. (I tried to attach a photo, but am having difficulties uploading photos tonight.) I actually thought they were trash for the longest time because they didn't match, and didn't seem to go anywhere. Turns out one of them really doesn't go anywhere!! Bottom line, I don't have any carpet the right size and shapes to cover the spaces currently exposed. If I can get the pieces bent the way my mind's eye sees them, I think it should be a very good look. The challenge is going to be finding really talented sheet metal fabricator to get all the bends just so.

I drove the go-cart around the neighborhood a bit more this evening. My it drives nicely. I am so looking forward to getting it done and on the road. I think I could think and putter and check and recheck everything until St. Swithens Day, but I don't think I would be any further along than than I am now. I think it is time to send FlipTop back to the Kandy Shoppe for her final coats of Burgundy candy. I am going to call Matt tomorrow and have him send the truck. (much easier than me renting a trailer!!) I hope he is ready to take it.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    The two pieces of carpet are different because one goes on each side and they are cut appropriately. It took me a few minutes to figure out how they are meant to go in but they work great once you figure it out.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing exciting to report . . . except that FlipTop is scheduled to leave for the Kandy Shoppe on Tuesday! It is ready for final paint. Here we go!!
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

Post Thanks / Like
    excellent news and congrats. That is pretty exciting. Are they ready to get to work on yours or will there be some delay working you in?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    excellent news and congrats. That is pretty exciting. Are they ready to get to work on yours or will there be some delay working you in?
    Matt says they are sending home four big projects today, so they expect to get right on my car as soon as it arrives. Here's hoping!!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin-

Very exciting news! You must be pretty stoked!

Do you know when you will be getting it back -- assuming they start right away?

I am looking forward to seeing her all candied up!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    Kevin-

Very exciting news! You must be pretty stoked!

Do you know when you will be getting it back -- assuming they start right away?

I am looking forward to seeing her all candied up!

Regards,

Steve
    Me too!! I don't know exactly, I suspect about a month, but that is a guess. The Kandy Shoppe does great work, but artistry takes time, and the artists will not be rushed! It will be worth the wait. I am absolutely confident.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool! Can't wait to see her all done.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am clearly far too verbose! I have spent parts of the last three days, about 8 hours total, going through my own build thread to develop a table of contents. I am working on a written set of instructions for anyone wanting to do the Flip-Top modification. I was having difficulty finding all the various posts on each subject. Thus the need for a list of all posts on any subject. When it is done, I will add it to the first post in this thread. For now, I am only through page 12! I think I'll shut up now!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a flashback today to the day I sent both my sons off to college on the same day. You know when they come back they will be better than when they left. You know it is good for them. But the house is eerily silent, empty.

Today I sent my "Baby" off to "college".

The "Bus" came late to pick her up, but it gave us time to take one more spin around the block. She is excited, strong, confident, even eager to go.

She will be molded, shaped, and polished into all she can be. It's exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time. And then . . . She was gone.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Added the Table of Contents to Post #1.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    How exciting after everything you've been through. Looking forward to the rest.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Jazzman,

Like many, I've been following your build. I have to say that your flip top looks fantastic. Even the side latches catches one's eye. That smooth, no opening front is just downright cool.

Jay
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.
    Road Legal August 31, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    What an amazing build (and thread)! Congrats on sending her off!! Sub'd to see what I'm sure will be awesome results

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't look like much has been done, but big strides have been made. The doors, trunk, and hood are all fitted, smoothed, shaped. The hood latch openings have been widened slightly to allow for the thickness of the paint and clear coats. The entire car has been been block sanded to 100 grit. It is fully prepared for the final coats of primer. Tomorrow it will go from Butter Yellow to Battleship Grey. It's progress, I'll take it!!

Current estimated timeline is: final Primer and final sanding this week, Color coats and clear next week, Wetsanding and polish very close to the end of the month, estimated delivery back to me on or about 10/3. Right on Schedule! Gotta love these guys!!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    I see your FFR wall hanger in the trunk. Are they painting that to match?

Post Thanks / Like
    I see your FFR wall hanger in the trunk. Are they painting that to match?
    Of Course! I am not sure how good it will look indoors, but I'm doing it anyway. The paint is a deep burgundy. It is a beautiful deep, dark, red indoors and in the shade. It really pops when the sun hits it. I am not sure where I will hang it where it has a consistent possibility of being hit by the sun. It's still a nice memento.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    More small steps. Received these photos today from the painter. It may beat "Butter", but I am just as happy that it's not going to stay Battleship Grey for long!

Next week, Color (I hope!!) Last decision for the paint process: Ghost stripe or no stripe? Color is Burgundy Candy. Chime in with your opinions!! Thanks!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Ghost!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin-

Don't mock battleship grey, it's a terrific color, worn by Navies the world over! I really like the color you have chosen, and I look forward to seeing it on your car.

As far as stripe goes, I can see it with a stripe, or ghosted. Not a great answer, but a truthful one. If I HAD to choose, I would pick regular stripes. But, your question was ghost or no stripe, so I will vote for the ghosted stripes!

I look forward to seeing some color soon (I am SURE you are!)!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Jazzman,
    I am really enjoying reading your post and getting great ideas! Thanks for posting. I have a question about your powder coating. What color is that? and is it textured? It looks different to me that what I have seen on other posts.

Thanks,

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's more like prison grey.......

Looking good my friend! Are you able to make the SEMA show this year? Would be nice to see you!
    Ryan Valin
    Valin's Custom Cars, Inc.

[email protected]
    (705) 207-4297

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eaton View Post
    Jazzman,
    I am really enjoying reading your post and getting great ideas! Thanks for posting. I have a question about your powder coating. What color is that? and is it textured? It looks different to me that what I have seen on other posts.

Thanks,

Mark
    I am glad that you are enjoying this lengthy build thread! That is "Hammered Silver" powder coat. it does have a texture to it. Just enough so it doesn't really show fingerprints. It didn't cost any more than black, and I think it adds some style. Reminders regarding powder coat:

1. Do all the pieces of one color at a time. It costs a LOT more to do it in batches. (Ask me how I know!!
    2. Decide which pieces you really care about powder coating. I coated everything. A lot of it turns out to be a waste of money. It costs the same to have both sides of a single panel coated as it does to do just one side. The foot box pieces in the engine compartment will be seen in the engine bay, but covered with carpet inside the footboxes. The firewall, "F" Panels, and "Elephant ears will also be seen. The interior floor panels will be covered in carpet on the inside and only seen on the outside if you turn the car over. (At this point, nice looking powder coated undersides are the least of your issues!!) If you are going to carpet the trunk, those panels won't be seen. The trunk side panels and the rear elephant ears might be see in you really look hard for them, but realistically you would really have to want to see them. The rear tires fill most of the visual space. So when it comes down to it, how much might you really want/need to coat? Only the panels seen in the engine bay. Or you could just be obsessive like me and have everything done!
    3. Drill all your holes first. It is easy to drill through the powder coat, but also relatively easy to scratch.
    4. Do NOT try to clean powder coated panels of tape residue or "Sharpie" marks with brake cleaner or lacquer thinner. It will take the powder coat off. (Do I really need to explain how I know this? )
    5. You might want to put bedliner on the elephant ears, both front and rear. They will get some torture from rocks coming off the tires. Powder coat will likely not stand up to that beating. (I didn't do this yet, but it is on the list of things to do after everything else is done. I am going to need something to do!!)
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by valin View Post
    I think it's more like prison grey.......

Looking good my friend! Are you able to make the SEMA show this year? Would be nice to see you!
    Having spent very little time in prisons, and much more time around the San Diego Harbor, my perception of that color evokes a more positive connotation! Sadly, however, I think you are right! It really does look like a dreary "Prison Grey"! I didn't like the "Butter" much, but I think this dreary grey is worse. It will make the final product even more amazing!

I would love to go to SEMA, but sadly as a "Non-professional" they won't let me in. Diane and I came up last year for the final evening's event, and enjoyed it. I am trying to finagle some tickets, but so far, no joy. I'll be sure to connect with you if I find a way to get in. Enjoy the show in any event!

Thanks for the compliments. I am really hoping to have the car completed and titled by November 1. That may be a tall order, but I am going to try!! I am "staging" the parts for final installation now. Hopefully it will be a smooth final push to completion.
    Last edited by Jazzman; 09-16-2017 at 08:13 PM.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't seem to find the Russ Thompson trunk box for sale on their website or anywhere else. Can you tell me from where you purchased it?

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The amount of work to get to this point has been tremendous.
    Keep plugging away & you'll be there sooner than you think.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't seem to find the Russ Thompson trunk box for sale on their website or anywhere else. Can you tell me from where you purchased it?
    Send Russ an email. He will send you the information on it. I got mine back a couple months ago. It's well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    About two weeks ago I ordered the battery box from FFMetal.com. I decided I wanted to utilize the wasted space above the differential but below the trunk floor. I cannot say enough nice things about FFMetal and the product. Great service and a great product! The piece fits perfectly. It is very solidly built and easy to install.

Jazzman,

This looks like a really slick battery box. I'm thinking I'll probably order one. And you don't think it will be difficult to access when everything is assembled?

Thanks,'

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone seems to agree that a stereo in these cars is something of a waste. I agree. You probably can't hear it well enough to justify its existance at 60mph. So what am I doing? Putting in a stereo of course!! I'm a music nut. What do you expect?!! I ordered up matching pairs of Polk Audio Marine speakers. After buying yet two more hole saws, 5" and 3.656", I cut the holes for the speakers. (No, I don't yet have every possible size, but I am really working on it!!)

6.5" for the rear wall:

4" for the sides at near the floor:

[/QUOTE]

Jazzman,

I am with you and also a music nut. Still playing in a Rock and Blues band at the age of 52! My question, what about a Subwoofer??

-Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone seems to agree that a stereo in these cars is something of a waste. I agree. You probably can't hear it well enough to justify its existance at 60mph. So what am I doing? Putting in a stereo of course!! I'm a music nut. What do you expect?!! I ordered up matching pairs of Polk Audio Marine speakers. After buying yet two more hole saws, 5" and 3.656", I cut the holes for the speakers. (No, I don't yet have every possible size, but I am really working on it!!)

6.5" for the rear wall:

4" for the sides at near the floor:

Jazzman,

I am with you and also a music nut. Still playing in a Rock and Blues band at the age of 52! My question, what about a Subwoofer??

-Mark[/QUOTE]

After I switched to the flow masters I have no problem hearing my blue tooth speaker playing music from my phone while it just sits in the passenger seat. I think all those "cant here the stereo" comments are overblown. With an actual radio and real speakers in the car you might be able to hear it just fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    The other problem wih a radio is usually it has be turned up and being a roadster with no top, everyone else has to hear your music. I would much rather listen to the rumble of the pipes if a roadster pulled up beside me than a loud radio. Take the Harley riders who play their music so annoyingly loud, can't stand that.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    About two weeks ago I ordered the battery box from FFMetal.com. I decided I wanted to utilize the wasted space above the differential but below the trunk floor. I cannot say enough nice things about FFMetal and the product. Great service and a great product! The piece fits perfectly. It is very solidly built and easy to install.

Jazzman,

This looks like a really slick battery box. I'm thinking I'll probably order one. And you don't think it will be difficult to access when everything is assembled?

Thanks,'

Mark
    Hopefully the battery is not something that needs a lot of maintenance. By putting it the trunk, it keeps it out of the high heat engine area. Access to the top of the battery is easy, even with the body on. Getting the battery out, that's a bit more of a chore. It will come out, but it is a very tight fit. I hope I don't have to replace it for a very long time!! One mistake I did make along the way (any as you can tell from reading this thread, it is the only mistake thus far on this build!!! is that I did not put in remote charging posts. Since the car sits for long periods of time during the build, you either need to disconnect the battery (a pain), turn off the master switch (not too bad) or hook up a trickle charger. I have a battery tender that i used to use on my motorcycle. It works great, just plug it in. But you have to have a place to plug it in. I put a plug in the battery box, but it is quite unhandy to get at. You have to unscrew the lid of the battery box and leave the trunk open. I wish now that I had put a battery tender plug somewhere much more convenient on the outside. Oh, well, live and learn. Next build!!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Jazzman,

-Mark
    After I switched to the flow masters I have no problem hearing my blue tooth speaker playing music from my phone while it just sits in the passenger seat. I think all those "cant here the stereo" comments are overblown. With an actual radio and real speakers in the car you might be able to hear it just fine.[/QUOTE]

I considered a sub woofer, but passed. I thought about putting a couple of small ones behind the seats. Yes, in the way my seats are installed, there is enough room, but just barely. I didn't do it, we shall see if I regret that decision. As a bass player, I love the low end, and I might find I regret not putting it in.

However, you have to get the stereo turned on before you can decide if you like it! Thus far I have had no luck getting the stereo to work. I am fighting the amplifier. I wanted a completely hidden system, Bluetooth to my phone only. I got an amp that supposedly would do that, but thus far I can't even get the thing to power up! I can't believe that one of the few things I actually have done before, the stereo, is causing me such frustration!! I built the car for Pete's sake!

I am 53, and would love to get back into a band situation, but one one without the ego's and drama of my previous experiences!! I am too old and wise for that nonsense. If it isn't fun, don't do it!!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KDubU View Post
    The other problem wih a radio is usually it has be turned up and being a roadster with no top, everyone else has to hear your music. I would much rather listen to the rumble of the pipes if a roadster pulled up beside me than a loud radio. Take the Harley riders who play their music so annoyingly loud, can't stand that.
    I found that with the automatic volume adjustments now built into a stereo head, the loud music at the stoplight was significantly reduced. I did have a nice stereo on my harley. You could hear it OK, but it was certainly not "audiophile quality" at 60mph! I adjust the automatic volume control to it's maximum setting, and the volume would reduce very significantly at stoplights, turn up when moving. It worked. Of course I didn't have straight pipes on my Harley either!! I agree with you. The rumble of the pipes is nice music!!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Are the last two weeks before your paint is done the worst? I saw the car yesterday. Guess what? It's grey. It's smooth. It's perfect in every way. It is all ready for paint. That should be done next week. Of course, I won't see it for a couple of weeks because I will be out of town. Oh well, I've waited this long. I am walking aimlessly around the shop looking for things to do. It's as clean as it's ever going to get. This morning I sorted 3/8" and 5/8" bolts and nuts. Then I decided to start "staging" the parts to be installed on the car when it gets here. I pulled out all the remaining parts. I tried to stage them in reverse order of need. (We will see how I did on that.) I found that I still have one big box of miscellaneous parts. These are new parts, or in some cases take offs, that I did not use, but being the semi-shop hoarder that I am, I just could not make myself throw them away. I really can't wait to get the car painted!!

The other night I brought out the Watson's Streetworks LED Headlights. I figured I would get them ready for installation. It has been a while since I bought them, so I went back to the Watson's Streetworks website to review the installation video.

https://www.watsons-streetworks.com/...Headlights.wmv

It's pretty straight forward. I pulled out the light unit and discovered a very major design change:

Looks good, right. Ok. Can someone please explain to me how I get that green plug and the 1.5" long box through the hole in the headlight bucket that is only 1/2"?!!

I thought perhaps I was losing my mind, but no, this time I was right. I called Watson's and discovered that there has been a major design change. In their installation video, they show the light unit with an in-line screw-together connection between the bulb unit and the power box. Disconnect this in-line fitting, slip on end through the hole in the bucket, reattach on the outside of the bucket. No problem. But the unit I received has no such disconnect unit installed. There is no way to cleanly get the wires to the outside of the bucket. Watson's tells me that their idea is to use a 2" hole saw to cut a gaping hole into the bucket! Oh yeah, that's a good idea. I asked them why the change was made. They said that the light fixtures are from a different supplier, and the one on the video is an older, lesser quality model. I suspect it was a cost cutting measure. Unfortunately it was a really short-sighted cost cutting measure. I'm stuck with them, and I am sure they will be great once hooked up, but I am disappointed that I can't keep that part of my build neat and clean. I have no idea how I will seal a 2" hole with one 1/4" thick wire coming through it. Really big grommet?
    Last edited by Jazzman; 09-23-2017 at 06:01 PM.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that's a bummer Watson's changed that part. For whatever reason. Thought about it a little. What about making a hole for the power controller instead of the bulb? That would require a rectangular hole vs. a round one and maybe a bit smaller. The hole could be on the flat on the back of the bucket (looks like it would fit) and then covered with a plate or even the power controller itself attached to the back of the bucket. The wire to the bulb would need to be in a slot accessible from the cutout, but that could work too. Mounted here like I showed in my build thread.

Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Wow that's a bummer Watson's changed that part. For whatever reason. Thought about it a little. What about making a hole for the power controller instead of the bulb? That would require a rectangular hole vs. a round one and maybe a bit smaller. The hole could be on the flat on the back of the bucket (looks like it would fit) and then covered with a plate or even the power controller itself attached to the back of the bucket. The wire to the bulb would need to be in a slot accessible from the cutout, but that could work too. Mounted here like I showed in my build thread.

Thats not a bad idea at all. I like the idea of making the hole in the back of the bucket, then covering with the power controller box and mounting plate. I am not sure how to get the wire back through to the inside unless I just make a small second hole. I could use a 1/2" rubber plug to fill the original wire hole. I had thought about making a rectangular hole, but had thought about making it around the existing 1/2" hole. But your idea has real merit. I am going to noodle on that a bit. THanks!!!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin, I'm puzzled that you wrote, "I put a plug in the battery box, but it is quite unhandy to get at. You have to unscrew the lid of the battery box and leave the trunk open. I wish now that I had put a battery tender plug somewhere much more convenient on the outside." I'm puzzled because you've solved much tougher problems. On my Mk3 I spliced a longer BatteryTender lead with the ring terminal ends at the battery and the plug behind the passenger seat so I could easily connect the BatteryTender. You can extend your lead to anywhere convenient, rather than under the battery box lid. I did a similar install on my 818 and I suggest you make it impossible to forget, like looping the extension cord through the steering wheel so you'll remember before pulling out of the garage. Don't ask how I learned this.

I'm also waiting to admire your painted flip-top! If you need a second pair of hands with anything, just ask.
    Pete
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZPete View Post
    Kevin, I'm puzzled that you wrote, "I put a plug in the battery box, but it is quite unhandy to get at. You have to unscrew the lid of the battery box and leave the trunk open. I wish now that I had put a battery tender plug somewhere much more convenient on the outside." I'm puzzled because you've solved much tougher problems. On my Mk3 I spliced a longer BatteryTender lead with the ring terminal ends at the battery and the plug behind the passenger seat so I could easily connect the BatteryTender. You can extend your lead to anywhere convenient, rather than under the battery box lid. I did a similar install on my 818 and I suggest you make it impossible to forget, like looping the extension cord through the steering wheel so you'll remember before pulling out of the garage. Don't ask how I learned this.

I'm also waiting to admire your painted flip-top! If you need a second pair of hands with anything, just ask.
    Pete
    Thanks, Pete. You are right. I had the battery tender hooked up quickly while i was still building the car, and forgot to do a more permanent installation before I put the body on. I have several ideas, behind the seat is one of them. I still have a laundry list of stuff that I want to do even after I get the car back from paint. The big stuff may be done, but now all the little stuff has to get done.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Having spent very little time in prisons, and much more time around the San Diego Harbor, my perception of that color evokes a more positive connotation! Sadly, however, I think you are right! It really does look like a dreary "Prison Grey"! I didn't like the "Butter" much, but I think this dreary grey is worse. It will make the final product even more amazing!

I would love to go to SEMA, but sadly as a "Non-professional" they won't let me in. Diane and I came up last year for the final evening's event, and enjoyed it. I am trying to finagle some tickets, but so far, no joy. I'll be sure to connect with you if I find a way to get in. Enjoy the show in any event!

Thanks for the compliments. I am really hoping to have the car completed and titled by November 1. That may be a tall order, but I am going to try!! I am "staging" the parts for final installation now. Hopefully it will be a smooth final push to completion.

This may be a way for you to get in!

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Contest-thread
    Ryan Valin
    Valin's Custom Cars, Inc.

[email protected]
    (705) 207-4297

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast