FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  25
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Jazzman’s #8745 "Flip Top" Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    That's actually a really good idea! I will have to consider that. Thanks!
    Don't know what's on the back side but I would be tempted to put a thicker plate back there to stiffen the panel around the latch.
    You don't want that panel to fatigue and crack later on and if that stiffener happens to hide extra holes that's another win win.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by myjones View Post
    Don't know what's on the back side but I would be tempted to put a thicker plate back there to stiffen the panel around the latch.
    You don't want that panel to fatigue and crack later on and if that stiffener happens to hide extra holes that's another win win.
    Dale
    You are correct. I don't remember the number of the post off the top of my head, but somewhere I have a photo of it. It has a 3/16" thick plate of steel on the back side, bolted with four (now three) separate bolts through the aluminum.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    The fog is dense at 5:30am in San Diego. Both literally and metaphorically, i left my son's home this morning deep in fog, not quite sure which direction I would go. The truck remembered how to return to the bat cave, but I drove on in silence contemplating my next move.

Two days ago i delivered my creation to Da Bat. I was not quite sure what his body language was telling me. He said little, though his experienced eye was evaluating every curve. He said to leave the car with him, and we will would talk on Thursday afternoon. I left but something about his demeanor was nagging at the back of my mind: what was he thinking? He called me on Thursday afternoon. He had worked on my car until 11pm on Wednesday, then more on Thursday morning. After evaluating the project, he had decided that it was more project than he wanted to take on. He was concerned that it would delay his delivery of his other customers cars.

By 7am I have picked up the car and am heading home. I have a long drive to think and consider my options. I called a couple of friends, who recommend a local custom paint shop that they feel would do an exceptional job on my car. I called the owner and explained the full story. He has done Factory Fives before, absolutely loves the Cobra, and is eager to see my unique flip top customization. He asks how soon I could let him see it. I decide to go directly to his shop since I have already rented the trailer and the car is already loaded.

Eight hours later I arrive at this shop. No less than five of his employees come pouring out to see my car. They want to know everything: how big is the engine, what drive train, how long did it take me to build it, on and on and on. They are car freaks!! I meet the owner. It is clear why he is so trusted by my friends: He knows his business, and immediately catches my vision for the car. He understands what I am looking for before I even explain it to him. He tells me the color I want before I tell him! He is excited to have the opportunity to do my car! We discuss the financial aspects of the project: he is quite proud of his quality work! However, it is quite clear from the work i see around his shop that he is well worth what he gets paid.

The fog has lifted.
    Last edited by Jazzman; 03-17-2017 at 11:12 PM.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you got that resolved.
    Quite interesting that he previously came to your house to see your project and agreed to it and then changed his mind after you incurred the cost and time to trailer the car to him and leave it there.
    Sounds like things will work out nicely. I'm happy for you on that.
    Now about that color....???
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, interesting turn of events. I'm surprised as well, but glad you found someone so quickly. Will be very interested to see the progress.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin-

That had to be a gut wrenching couple of days!! I am sorry that you had that experience. I totally respect Jeff's opinion, and I think it takes guts to turn away a project. I think perhaps he did you a bit of a favor, although maybe it doesn't seem that way. If he tried to get it done quickly, so that he could continue to meet other promises, he might have ended up short changing you, and not met your quality expectations. A tough decision, and a tough thing to hear I am sure.

I am thrilled that you found another shop so quickly, and one that is so enthusiastic about working on your car! I hope their enthusiasm matches your build quality.

Good luck as you hit the final stages of the build, and I hope you are able to keep us updated. I can't wait to see her when she is finished!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything happens for a reason. I respect Jeff. He was honest, he does good work, and he has to balance his commitments like we all do. I truly believe it all worked out for the best. I wish Jeff nothing but the very best.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    Now about that color....???
    When we get closer to laying on color, he will do several spray outs. This will be a multi layer candy job. So what color? We will just have to wait and see. . Nothing is locked in at this point, neither color or stripe color/style. It's a blank palate.
    Last edited by Jazzman; 03-18-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Minor delays after my adventure in CA. My hands are still hurting a bit, especially after working extensively with hand tools on the car. I decided to get a two month checkup with the hand surgeon. Short version: all is healing well, but the "invasion" of the surgery has brought on a minor touch of arthritis. Yet one more signpost on the inevitable road of life. I am puttered a bit, but have not done a great deal.

Don't dismantle your body buck until you are sure you are done with it! I had dismantled mine, but now I find I need it again. The paint shop doesn't have a rack suitable for a cobra body shape, so I told them I would just bring mine. I put it back together, and once again removed the body to place it on body buck. This time I screwed the bottom of the body to the frame of the buck. This will keep it in place as I am transporting the body and buck on the back of a trailer to the paint shop.

Everyone seems to agree that a stereo in these cars is something of a waste. I agree. You probably can't hear it well enough to justify its existance at 60mph. So what am I doing? Putting in a stereo of course!! I'm a music nut. What do you expect?!! I ordered up matching pairs of Polk Audio Marine speakers. After buying yet two more hole saws, 5" and 3.656", I cut the holes for the speakers. (No, I don't yet have every possible size, but I am really working on it!!)

6.5" for the rear wall:

4" for the sides at near the floor:

Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered up a set of 4" cup holders from Amazon. They are 2" deep, stainless Steel, and look very nice.

However, after trying to fit them into the available spaces on the tranny cover, I decided that they are just too big. I looked again on amazon, and found a smaller version of the same thing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I will wait to order them until I am already ordering another $25 of stuff. Cheaper that way.

I would like to start carpeting the car. I am waiting to talk to the painter to see how clean he will be able to keep the car when he is doing the final body work with the body on the frame. I will chat with him about that on Tuesday when I deliver the body for phase one of the bodywork/paint process.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    I would like to start carpeting the car. I am waiting to talk to the painter to see how clean he will be able to keep the car when he is doing the final body work with the body on the frame. I will chat with him about that on Tuesday when I deliver the body for phase one of the bodywork/paint process.
    I've done it both ways. Mk3 body work was done with the carpet completely installed. It turned out OK, but definitely took some time to get cleaned up. Mk4's one left completely bare and the other mixed. The latter is a good compromise. Some pieces are really easy to install with the body on. Like the cockpit floor, door sill pieces (really no choice there), transmission tunnel, and back wall. But down inside the footbox is way easier with the body off. That's what I would recommend. Footbox outside walls, front, and inside include under the dash. Do those before the body is on and your body will thank you. Plus since they're a bit shielded, won't get the brunt of the dust and dirt anyway. Similar comments for the trunk if you're planning to carpet it. Do the upper section and sides with the body off. Save the rest for body on. Easy enough to reach.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Between home improvement projects, family commitments, trips, and saying goodbye to a great old dog, not much has gotten done in the past couple of weeks. After removing the body from the frame, I removed the trusses and packed it up safely. I transported the entire body to Kandy Shop Creations to let them begin preparing the body for paint. They will work on the underside first, ultimately applying a layer of rhino liner. They will work on the first block sanding of the top of the body. Before they return it to me they will also apply a coat of epoxy primer. That is when they will return it to me to put back on the body. After reinstalling everything for (hopefully) the last time, I will return the frame and body to the Kandy Shop for the final body fitting and ultimately application of color. The body has been there a week. I have not had time to even think about what, if anything, they might have gotten done on it. I might check next week, I might wait till the first of next month. I don't want to rush the magic!!

I am checking off minor items now. I still had not gotten the water temperature and the oil pressure gauges to work. I started again, tracing the wires from their sources and following them all the way to their termination. I discovered what I hope will be the issue: I had reversed two wires in the quick disconnect. I effectively had connected the oil pressure to the water gauge and the water temperature sender to the oil pressure gauge.

I reverse the grey and dark blue wires, and as soon as I get the exhaust pipes back on, I will check and see if that problem is eliminated.

Like EdwardB before me, I didn't think the raw tan leather didn't quite look right, so I decided to follow his lead and dye the leather black. I ordered up this stuff from Amazon:

Taped off the metal parts:

And layed on two coats of leather dye.

I haven't had the chance to go any further, so we will have to come back to that minor project.

I ordered a 36" long LED light strip to put inside the trunk on the underside of the arched frame rail. Not cheap, but quite bright and clean light. It also sticks really well!!

Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    I really felt that the hidden trunk support system was an aesthetically pleasing addition . . . or perhaps a removal since you don't have to see a support arm or use a broomstick to hold the trunk open! i ordered up the kit. It is quite elegant in it's simplicity. Each arm of the trunk hinge is attached to the front wall rail by a 50lb strut. The strut is attached to the front wall rail and the hinge arm with ball end pivot points. Simple and pretty quick to install.

One minor deviation is required from the provided instructions. The instructions say to install the ball end on the "outboard" hole of the attachment rail. However, this is only correct if you are using the older style hinge arms or the Breeze hinge arms. If using the stock FFR MKIV trunk support arms (which I did) you need to install the ball end on the "inboard" hole of the front attachment rail.

I began installing the carpet following the instructions in the FFR manual. I used the Weldwood Outdoor Carpet Adhesive that several have recommended. It is stout stuff to apply, but it does allow a decent working time. It also stinks to high heaven, a gift which keeps on giving for days to come!!

Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    I received some photos of the body work process from Kandy Shop. Looks like they are doing a nice job. I haven't seen it in person yet, but plan to this next week.

(Don't worry about the alignment on that one, its not attached to anything at the moment!)

I was surprised to see the windshield holes covered up. I called Kandy Shop, and the owner was going to check on why that was done. They will re-cut the holes before I get it back.

It is great to see progress on this part. It is also nice to not have all that dust in my shop!!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    After all the amazing work you've done, it's exciting to see it at this stage.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good Luck Jazzman!

Still can't believe you had to invoke "Plan-B" for your paint work finishing solution.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydster View Post
    After all the amazing work you've done, it's exciting to see it at this stage.
    It is, Indeed! I could have done a lot of the body work myself, but with all the other disruption that I have done to the body, I decided to leave it in the hands of someone more experienced. So far it looks like I will be pleased with the results. It will be fun to see how it evolves! Thanks for watching along!!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    Good Luck Jazzman!

Still can't believe you had to invoke "Plan-B" for your paint work finishing solution.

Steve
    It was only "plan B" to me because I didn't know the real "Plan A" was to work with a quality local shop. No regrets!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like

What a strange turn of events . . .

This mornings tome is written on my iPhone, and is written from a highly unexpected location. It is also not about our hobby and will explain my partial disappearance from these forums of late. (Feel free to hit the "next thread" button and skip it if you like.)

Two weeks ago my wife and I were looking forward to our now joint annual trips of 12 days of vacation in Hawaii and three days in Huntington Beach at the FFR Huntington Beach Cruise In! We had only thing we had to do before we left on this holiday : we had to get all our legal work updated and that required an attorney. Yes that boring stuff we put off, the wills ,the trust, the durable and medical powers of attorney, even the living will that no one wants to talk about. I won't be maudlin or belabor this point. They were all signed two days before we left for Maui. However, three days into our trip, they became far more important than I ever could imagine. For the past seven hellish days I have been in and out (mostly in) the Maui medical center attempting unsuccessfully to pass a kidney stone out of my system. They finally did surgery this morning, and I am much,much better now! That is what brings me both the time an the ability to write you at 2am Maui time direct from room 326, bed #1 in the Molokai east wing. (I just realized some on you east coast guys may read this with your breakfast cereals. I am really, really sorry about that!) I have done almost nothing for a week except be in excruciating pain and sleep. Now that I'm feeling better, even hospital dose Ambien can't knock me out. So I write. Read. Listen to some sweet jazz. Thank Mr Jobs for the iPhone.

I'm not out of the woods yet, but it's looking good. I still have the adventure of actually getting home ahead of me on Thursday. What is becoming quite clear is that it is highly unlikely that i will be at the Huntington Beach show on Saturday. I am truly heartbroken as I write this. I've been looking forward to it all year. Best of luck and safe travels to all of you that are going to be there. I will miss seeing you the most. Oh well. There's always next year . . .

Well I sure hope there will be for all of us, our kids, more car shows and cruise ins. But I sure was peaceful knowing that if God was done with me down here, I didn't have to worry about my bride and four great kids picking up the pieces of my life and moving on.

If you have any family to protect, have anyone you love and haven't gotten your medical and durable powers of attorney written , get it done. Today. Yep, call an estate planning attorney in your area, and get the wills and trust done. NOW. Yes, even the living will. If nothing else make sure your favorite car goes to someone who will love it like you do. Or at least be sure crazy uncle elvin won't ever get his greasy mitts on it!! Don't procrastinate like i did. Get them done, or updated if they are over five years old. I am happy that they were not really needed this time, but it was waaaay too close for comfort!

So now you know far more about me than you ever wanted to. And with that I will leave you with one final Aloha, because I don't think I am going to be back here for a while!!
    Last edited by Jazzman; 04-26-2017 at 04:27 PM.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Jazzman,

Sorry to hear of your health problems on vacation no less. First a speedy recovery! Second an easy trip home. We have all followed your excellent build and hope you are able to resume that shortly. Best wishes to you and your family as you travel this path of life we all must tread.

Again, best wishes on a speedy recovery!

Len

P.S. Some of us on the East Coast are way past breakfast.
    1972 Corvette Stingray 350 c.i. Manual Steering & Brakes
    2003 H-D Softail Deuce 88 c.i. TwinCam
    Gen 3 Coupe Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    And here I thought you were just caught in the "waiting for paint" time warp! Sorry to hear about your medical issues, but mainly happy to hear you're on the mend. I haven't personally experienced kidney stones, but several in my immediate family have. They described it is probably the most intense pain possible. Sorry you had to go through that. Continue getting better.

P.S.S. Exactly. Breakfast (and coffee, the most important part) was hours ago...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank God you are back and improving! I was really feeling concerned about all those jokes I made about putting me in your will for the Cobra before you left!
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    First your finger issue (2015) & now kidney stones.
    Man, I want to party with you Jazzman.
    Hope you mend quickly.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 04-26-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heal quickly and completely Kevin!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Jazzman,

While being sick anywhere is a real downer ... being stuck in a hospital in Maui is the King of the Real Downers.

Take care, don't over do it (like we guys sometimes tend to do) and we look forward to seeing you on the line in the future.

God Bless,

Carl
    Mk 4 Roadster
    October 25, 2012 - Kit Arrives
    April 8, 2013 - Build Starts
    August 23, 2015 - Rolling Chassis/Engine & Transmission Installed
    March 26, 2016 - Go Cart

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, sorry to hear about that. Glad you are on the mend. See you in HB next year.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear you are on the mend, Jazzman... was looking forward to meeting you in HB this weekend as a fellow builder in Phoenix. +2 on the living will/legal provisions. Lost my beautiful wife at 46 years of age due to cancer and she had the foresight to have everything set up properly long before she was ever diagnosed. I couldn't imagine the nightmare it would have been if she hadn't insisted on having these things all set up beforehand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie.nowonder View Post
    Good to hear you are on the mend, Jazzman... was looking forward to meeting you in HB this weekend as a fellow builder in Phoenix. +2 on the living will/legal provisions. Lost my beautiful wife at 46 years of age due to cancer and she had the foresight to have everything set up properly long before she was ever diagnosed. I couldn't imagine the nightmare it would have been if she hadn't insisted on having these things all set up beforehand.
    Thanks for the kind words and support. I sorry you had to endure an event so much worse than my own. I'm glad to hear she was prepared as well! PM sent.
    Last edited by Jazzman; 04-26-2017 at 11:14 PM.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kevin, sorry to hear of your plight. I wish you well and pray for speedy recovery. Check back with us often and I look forward to seeing the next picture of the painted body and your smiling face.
    King
    Roadster #8127, ordered 7/12/13, received 9/11/13
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...4-Coyote-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin-

So sorry to hear of your troubles, but so pleased that your recovery is on track! Travel home safely today, and get yourself well rested.

I am also sorry that your holiday was spent in the hospital. Being in paradise, and not being able to experience it must have frustrated you to no end -- of course, when you weren't in excruciating pain!

I look forward to reading your updates when you are able. Like many others, so happy that you are on the mend.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I, too, have heard that can be the worst pain ever experienced. Glad you are on the heal and look forward to seeing updates on the build soon.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin! I've been trying to get current on your thread and finally got to this point this morning. Of course, that was after I was hoping to meet you at David's BBQ last night. At least now I know why you were a no-show! Haven't had kidney stones, but I have had to deal with two hospital stays during my build, so at least I can partially relate. Get well soon!
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Kevin! I just was able to read this now. I am very sorry to hear about this, and I really hope things are going well for you now. Your build is looking great, and I am very much looking forward to your completion. Get well brother!
    Ryan Valin
    Valin's Custom Cars, Inc.

[email protected]
    (705) 207-4297

Post Thanks / Like
    Body work is slow, but steady. So far Kandy Shop Customs has worked 63 hours over nine weeks on the project. The exterior body work is just about done. Here are some progress photos from the past several weeks:

Doors and Trunk are done. The trunk needed almost no surface adjustment.

Hood:

It is really looking nice. Very smooth curves. I hope that the epoxy primer will be applied this week. When that is done, the underside of will be addressed with bed liner.
    Last edited by Jazzman; 05-30-2017 at 09:45 AM.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin-

I hope the health issues are all in your rear view mirror, and you are feeling great!

The body work is looking terrific! They look to be making nice progress. The front of the body has a really nice flow to it, and it suggests you did a nice job getting things all lined up, and properly loaded underneath; great news!! I bet you are at least a bit relieved.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the progress.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Do they have the chassis? If not I assume you'll be taking it to them to do the final fitting and shaping.

Hope you're feeling better and making great recovery progress!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Do they have the chassis? If not I assume you'll be taking it to them to do the final fitting and shaping.

Hope you're feeling better and making great recovery progress!

Jeff
    No they do not have the frame yet, but they will for final shaping. They plan to do the outside to the point of the first coat of epoxy primer, then do the bed liner on the underside. They will paint the underside to color match the outside. This means a color choice is probably soon. Once the underside is done, I will take it all home and reinstall it on the frame for the last time. I will take the whole thing back to them for phase two, final shaping, final priming, and finally color.

Thanks for your concern! I am about 90% now, getting better every day. But it sure is hard to try to drink a gallon of water every day!! �� Now I have to catch up and find time to check a few final items off the punch list before the body is ready to be installed.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to hear that you're clicking off miles along the road to recovert Kevin

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I received some more photos on the progress of the paint process. The worst of the body work is done, and they have applied the coat of epoxy primer!!

I have been puttering along on the car. I have been working on installing the seat heaters. Since I planned to put the switches underneath the dash out of sight, I have had to cut and extend the wires that feed the switches. (Can you say "warranty voided"?!!) I have the PS switch done. I was able to use left over pieces of wire that were gleaned from the wiring harness. However, I am now out of pieces of wire that are long enough. I have tried to get 20 gauge wire at Home Depot, but they don't carry it in stranded form. (FYI Doorbell wire is 20 gauge, but is solid.) Since I am soldering these joints, I prefer the stranded wired. I haven't had time to go anywhere else to find the wire. I was sorry to see 1000 Radio Shack stores close as that company goes bankrupt. I clearly did not go there often enough to keep them in business, but occasionally they were the only source for certain little parts. Now they are gone. Online shopping is clearly the future!!

I have had to wait to install the remainder of the carpet until the wires for the seat heaters are in place. As others have done, I am running the wires for the seat heaters under the carpet right at the corner of the floor. Under normal circumstances I would only have to route the two power wires in that corner. But because I am also moving the switches forward, the four wires for the switch also have to be routed in the same area. I am still debating if the carpet will adequately cover and hide six wires. I think it will, but I am not sure yet. More on that later. If It won't, I will have to drill holes in both the firewall and the sides of the tranny tunnel to route the wires outside the carpeted area. I would prefer that for looks and access in potential repair, but I wish I had done it previously so that the wires would be fully integrated into the already existing wiring harness. i don't want one more wire cluttering up the engine compartment.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Looks Great!

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast