Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Perrin P.S.R.S. Front Lower Control Arm Bushings

Post Thanks / Like

Perrin P.S.R.S. Front Lower Control Arm Bushings

I thought I was doing good when I sourced some aluminum front lower control arms and they had upgraded rear bushings. I'm trying to fit the suspension and it looks like they aren't going to work in their current form.

I don't mind getting them machined, I think the pillow ball design is worth the extra effort. As you see in the pictures, it would bolt up, but the bushings are not flush with the chassis which is just going to put more stress on everything.

image1.JPGimage2.JPG

I found another build thread that used these mounts, but bolted them up like they were, I'm not comfortable with how they fit.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2553004

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm assuming you are running at "R" ride height?
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

Post Thanks / Like
    You didn't point it out, but notice that the bushing is elevated in relation to the tabs compared to a stock one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...s/DSCN6935.jpg

If you want to run the R height, you would need to measure to see how much higher those are than stock, and if the stars align, you might be able to shim it and/or lightly machine it to work.

Your only other option is to flip them around and run some very thick spacers and longer bolts to get it to the correct height.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the delay, I do see what you are saying, Zach34. It looks like it would really mess with the geometry of the suspension, ride height, etc. I think I am going to find some of the stock style bushings and go with them. I tried to flip them and that wouldn't work because of how the bushing is off centered. Thanks for the help guys.