818Kits

Visit our community sponsor

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: So it begins.......

Great update, keep plowing on!
    Not sure about the wheels hitting the A-arms, do your wheels have the right offset?
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor.
    GTM #304

they are the optional wheels from Factory Five? is it possible they got a set with the wrong offset?
    Last edited by tucker298; 07-08-2017 at 02:30 PM.

What a great update and awesome way to celebrate the 4th. Keep up the good work.

You're getting closer! Your scope plot shows an odd looking signal. It's a very low amplitude (differential of 1 volt) and the bottom of the wave
    is spiked/pointed.

The bottom of the wave should look like the top of the wave - flat.

By setting the tach parameters in the PCM to 14/15, you should be able to achieve more "time" to get flat bottom portion of the signal.
    This changes the 'pulse width' (PWM) . Hopefully you will get your tachometer to stop jumping around.

Moving forward however, my module will not work unless the voltage differential is at least 3.5 volts with reference to
    ground.

The wave needs to swing from 13 volts to 0 volts, or 0 volts to 5 volts as shown in my diagram (bottom of the image)
    or the scope plot.

Good luck!
    brent_scope.png

12volt_tach.jpg
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Performance Parts
    www.procision-auto.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

I'd like to start out with by voicing my disdain for photobucket! thanks alot photbucket, $400 for third party hosting!? anyway, its their business and thats how the free market works BUT I can't help but feel like I got the bait and switch....... anyway, the vent ducting for my vintage air has some pin holes in them so i want to order some replacements but I already threw them away and figured I could just order a new set from factory five but they tell me to buy them from vintage air and VA sends me back to factory five, I see that summit sells them, could someone measure the diameter for me and the length so i can just order them from summit, thanks!!!! I see summit sells a 2'' 2.5'' and 3'' hose and i think there were two different sizes?

AC hoses? Anyone? (From my last post)

I think the main hoses are 2.5", and the defroster duct hoses are 2".

Then again - I put it together 4 years ago so I may be wrong !

-Michael

thanks Mike! I ordered them up, if its wrong they aren't that expensive

Soooooo I built a body buck for the car, got what appeared to be very specific and detailed directions from a quick Google search, I'm sure some of you guys have seen it before. I built it to the exact dimensions, which was easy to do because the directions were very detailed. So just to let future builders know, its a great set of instructions and a great starting point but the dimensions are a little off. The weight is distributed on three vertical boards. For me, the middle board was a few inches high and caused a teeter totter effect so the body wasn't sitting evenly on all three boards I'll post pics later but I just wanted to put it out there so it doesn't surprise the next guy. I'm not saying don't use it! It's a lot better than starting from scratch, you're just not done until you put the body on and massage the buck a little.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tucker298; 07-11-2017 at 09:18 PM.

fixed the buck, easy fix! just trimmed the middle board to fit inside the windows and the rest of the dimensions pretty much lined up........ took a pool noodle and cut a slit in the middle and slide it on top of the middle board to give me the 1\2" I need to make contact with the roof.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tucker298; 07-16-2017 at 09:50 PM.

No matter how I edit that last post i cant get the picture to insert right side up?

Is this better?

buck-3.jpg
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Success!!!! I sent the PCM back to Speartech to have them look into the settings and make sure I'm not spinning my wheels with trouble shooting wiring when the data coming from PCM was wrong to begin with. Speartech called me and told me that the settings were off ( sent the PCM off to a tuner after I got it who must have messed up the tach settings) they set them back and tested it. I had them rush the shipping back to me annnnnd it works! Speartech fixed a problem they didnt create at no cost, great guys!

I cant believe how much time this problem has cost me! but finally its behind me.
    Last edited by tucker298; 07-18-2017 at 10:19 PM.

That's awesome news. Now what's next on the to do list ? Can't let the momentum slow down.
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Soooooooooo the doors I've grossly underestimated them! theres so many variables in the 12 different adjustments you can make and every adjustment fixes one problem and creates another..... it probably took me 8 or 9 hours to get one door and shutting right. Then I moved to the drivers side door with confidence thinking I know what I'm doing now and it has humbled me. I thought I was going to take the lessons learned from the passenger door and knock out the driver side door real quick but now I'm starting to think maybe I just got lucky with the passenger door lol. Any way I'll attack it later this week with a fresh outlook.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567