BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RaceTCS out of Poland?

Post Thanks / Like

RaceTCS out of Poland?

Has anyone heard of this? I ran across it looking for a used RaceLogics TCS. Looks like all the testing has been done on 4cyl and 6cyl vehicles, but it looks promising. Think it would work on a V8 LSx?

http://www.racetcs.com/
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the manual.
    http://www.racetcs.com/files/RaceTCS...r%20manual.pdf
    Looks like 8 cyl of control.
    tcs.jpg
    Wiring looks simple.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not heard of them, but I do see InjIn1-8 an InOut1-8, so that would lend me to believe this would work on a V8. I tried looking into the wheel speed sensors that are applicable and VRs are covered in several sections, but it mentions the ABS systems. I'd have to really spend some time reading and understanding the system to give a 100% thumbs up.

They do seem to have a decent following on FaceBook.

Post Thanks / Like
    The whole abs issue threw me for a loop as well, but I think they were just talking about tying into the wheel sensor (ie twisted pairs) wires and those would be easiest to find where they tie into the abs brain? Probably somewhat lost in translation?
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's an rx8 without abs running the module.
    https://m.facebook.com/RaceTCS/photo...pe=3&source=48
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3

Post Thanks / Like
    If I'm looking at the exchange rate correctly its less then $400. That seems pretty inexpensive if it works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks to me like it functions almost exactly like the RaceLogic system...but is a more basic version without the fancy LCD display and programmable settings.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

8. Likes Edgeman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    About $475 shipped to US.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3

Post Thanks / Like
    If it works as seamlessly and effectively as the RaceLogic system, $475 would be a serious bargain.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

11. Likes Edgeman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have purchased one, and am in the process of installing it into my GTMv2
    Im running an LS3. Im currently finishing setting up my ProShift Shifter and will wire in the RaceTCS unit.
    I will update this thread with pictures once I am finished, either this weekend or next.
    I can only work on my car on the weekends

13. Thanks beeman thanked for this post
    Likes beeman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I have wired up my RaceTCS, my car is not ready for a go cart ride as of yet, still working out my shifter.
    Its a simple install, trace back the injector ground, the colored wire, put the RaceTCS in between, you're good.
    It will intercept the ECU signals and either pass them on or cut an injector for a few milliseconds
    Just like the RaceLogic System, even has a potentiometer to select the amount of slip

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update. Here are the racetcs requirements, I know that (a.) is met, what about the remaining 3?

1. Requirements
    In order for RaceTCS to be safe for engine, some requirements need to be met first:
    a. Sequential Fuel Injection (or injection once per 2 crank revs). RaceTCS does not
    support Direct Injection
    b. High impedance fuel injectors
    c. The car has no misfire detection (or has it disabled). If misfire detection is active and
    RaceTCS is connected, Check Engine Light can pop up and indicate damaged ignition
    coil.
    d. Injectors are not PWM controlled
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3

Post Thanks / Like
    I updated the injectors from the stock to 60lb injectors. not sure if they are high impedance ones but have not had problems.
    As for misfires, i have none, check engine light does not come on
    and the injectors are not PWM
    The ground wire is what the ECU uses to modulate the injectors by connecting it when required.
    the power wire is always active, thus why the RaceTCS works by intercepting the grounding of the injectors by the ECU then either passing that signal on to the injectors if below a set RPM or sending its own if required.

In my testing so far I have had Zero problems running my LS3 with the RaceTCS connected

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again for the follow up on this. Are you driving the car yet? Have you tried to induce wheel spin?
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3

Post Thanks / Like
    i have run through the gears with wheel spin, it is not on the road yet
    i am going to do an initial alignment this weekend but I have run through all of the gears multiple times with no problems

19. Likes RR46 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I just purchase the Race TCS from Poland. Hopefully it will be here in a week or two. Are there any tricks to getting it installed or was it pretty straightforward?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGvmd View Post
    I just purchase the Race TCS from Poland. Hopefully it will be here in a week or two. Are there any tricks to getting it installed or was it pretty straightforward?
    I am interested in knowing exactly how the C5 wheel sensors are connected to this unit. If it is straightforward I would be interested in buying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it only necessary to connect the wheel sensors for the rear wheels?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not wiring the front sensors would defeat the purpose of the unit, which basically limits the rear tire slip (in a rwd car) relative to the front tire rotation as the reference speed. See bottom of pg 6 in the pdf manual I linked above. Then when you configure the unit per pg 9, you will input your tire sizes on all 4 corners so that the slip % is accurate. VSS is on the driven axle so it won't work as a reference either.
    You would need a GPS referenced unit to only have to wire the rear hub sensors.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3

Post Thanks / Like
    To piggy back on what beeman said, when I was doing some research on traction control, I made the mistake of thinking GPS reference speed would be a good idea. In theory, maybe yes, but in reality no. It has to do with the speed the GPS antenna feeds the speed signal at, its way to slow to keep up with near instantaneous wheel slip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beeman View Post
    Not wiring the front sensors would defeat the purpose of the unit, which basically limits the rear tire slip (in a rwd car) relative to the front tire rotation as the reference speed. See bottom of pg 6 in the pdf manual I linked above. Then when you configure the unit per pg 9, you will input your tire sizes on all 4 corners so that the slip % is accurate. VSS is on the driven axle so it won't work as a reference either.
    You would need a GPS referenced unit to only have to wire the rear hub sensors.
    Makes sense. So do the C5 wheel sensors work with this? I recall a discussion relating to the RaceLogic system indicating that there were two different modules depending on the type of wheel sensor used.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dlud View Post
    Makes sense. So do the C5 wheel sensors work with this? I recall a discussion relating to the RaceLogic system indicating that there were two different modules depending on the type of wheel sensor used.
    I suggest you take a moment and read the manual that Beeman shared in Post #5 above.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I suggest you take a moment and read the manual that Beeman shared in Post #5 above.
    Thanks for the suggestion, however, I did download the manual some time ago and read through it several times and thus my questions. Not to worry, I have had excellent communication with RaceTCS and they clarified the wiring and the type of speed sensors used.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the suggestion, however, I did download the manual some time ago and read through it several times and thus my questions. Not to worry, I have had excellent communication with RaceTCS and they clarified the wiring and the type of speed sensors used.
    No worries it will be nice to get some feedback on a "new to the GTM guys" traction control system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please share what you learn. I asked them about a group buy and it was a minimal discount, maybe 5%. I was surprised.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3

Post Thanks / Like
    To piggy back on what beeman said, when I was doing some research on traction control, I made the mistake of thinking GPS reference speed would be a good idea. In theory, maybe yes, but in reality no. It has to do with the speed the GPS antenna feeds the speed signal at, its way to slow to keep up with near instantaneous wheel slip.
    Yep, you fundamentally can't do traction control with GPS, even on the high end there's approximately 100ms latency which I've never been able to tune around.

31. Likes Shoeless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I also read through the manual a few times and was unsure about the same thing. Can you share what they mentioned about the wiring and wheel speed sensors used on the C5 hubs? I should be receiving my unit next week and will try to get it set up soon. They just sealed the road in front of my house, so now it's extremely slick. I'd love to see how this deals with it.

I was also reading a lot about the GPS systems and it just didn't seem like it would be quick enough. I appreciate hearing everybody's thoughts on that too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the response I received from RaceTCS: "Ah, ok if you are not using C5 ABS pump, then no need to worry. There was a glitch with C5 ABS , it was very sensitive to interference , when RaceTCS was also reading wheel speed sensor signal it detected sensor malfunction. I believe C5 uses VR wheel sensors. This means you connect sensor with twisted pair cable, one wire is grounded to the same grounding point as RaceTCS, the other wire goes to wheel speed input in RaceTCS. Very simple scenario.
    in the manual you should look at page 5 , RaceTCS connection without ABS
    VR sensor is the one of interest for you"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That is really helpful. Thanks. I'm going to work on in next week and I'll let you know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is really helpful. Thanks. I'm going to work on in next week and I'll let you know how it goes.
    I'm very interested: my order is on the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi All,

I have been working on installing the Race TCS system and so far it seems pretty simple. There have just been a couple of delays because I wanted to use shielded cable and also was trying to figure out the best way to connect the injector wire to the TCS system. I went with 4 pair cable (8 wires), and routed one cable for the odd injectors and one cable for the even injectors. So I had to order the correct cable and was just waiting. Then I realized I ran out of connectors that I wanted to use on the wheel speed sensors so I had to order more. It's always something. Anyway I just wanted to provide an update and will hopefully have everything done by this weekend. I imagine if anyone is thinking of doing this, if you had all of the supplies, it shouldn't take more than a day to complete. It's pretty simple. I'll follow up with some pictures when I'm done and the guys at Race TCS have been very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used 8 pin Deutsch connectors for the injector wires. I lengthened the wires coming out of the pcm and put in one pair of connectors. I then made a short set of wires with connectors coming out of the RaceTCS ecu. My idea was to allow for an easy way to remove the RaceTCS unit if it didn't work out/needed to be pulled for repair or if for some reason I wanted to remove it (sale of car?). Of course it meant al lot of crimping of those small pins. IMG_5532.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    How did you hook up the wheel speed sensors? Did you just do 1 wire to ground and 1 wire to the TCS module? Does it matter which wire?

Post Thanks / Like
    How did you hook up the wheel speed sensors? Did you just do 1 wire to ground and 1 wire to the TCS module? Does it matter which wire?
    That is my understanding from the manual: one wire to ground, the other to the RaceTCS ecu. Based on everything I have read it doesn't matter which wire. Once I test it out I'll know if my understandings are correct. Fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Variable Reluctor sensors have a signal positive and signal negative and it is critical they are hooked up correctly. Especially if VR are used for engine position, but who knows the extent of issues they could introduce into a traction control unit. I guess I'd have to see how the unit interprets this signal and what it does with it in its logic.

These types of sensors output a sinusoidal wave type form signal and can really only be checked with an oscilloscope to see that the sine wave is increasing through negative into a positive direction as a toothed wheel (yea I know even harder as these VR sensors are built into the hubs and no teeth are available) approaches and then drops very sharply through zero and becomes negative exactly as the center of the tooth passes the sensor and the tooth is moving away.

BTW I'm in the same boat on my side hoping I hooked them up correctly to feed into my AEM Infinity ECU so that my traction control works as intended as well. I may pick up a pico scope that will give me some basic functions to ensure I have things like this installed correctly on my set up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I almost forgot, and figured id add a new comment just in case, to make matters even more fun, my ZR1 hubs female plug and the metri pack male mating plug both have stamped “A” and “B” on them for wire IDs, but they are opposite of each other when you plug it together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Variable Reluctor sensors have a signal positive and signal negative and it is critical they are hooked up correctly. Especially if VR are used for engine position, but who knows the extent of issues they could introduce into a traction control unit. I guess I'd have to see how the unit interprets this signal and what it does with it in its logic.

These types of sensors output a sinusoidal wave type form signal and can really only be checked with an oscilloscope to see that the sine wave is increasing through negative into a positive direction as a toothed wheel (yea I know even harder as these VR sensors are built into the hubs and no teeth are available) approaches and then drops very sharply through zero and becomes negative exactly as the center of the tooth passes the sensor and the tooth is moving away.

BTW I'm in the same boat on my side hoping I hooked them up correctly to feed into my AEM Infinity ECU so that my traction control works as intended as well. I may pick up a pico scope that will give me some basic functions to ensure I have things like this installed correctly on my set up.
    That's really good to know. Fortunately, I ran both wires for each sensor all the way to the RaceTCS ecu so it will be possible to switch the wires from to ground to ecu if necessary. The RaceTCS software has a logging function so it will be possible to see how the ecu is reading the sensors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the response I received from RaceTCS to the question of whether it matters which wire from the wheel sensor is used as ground:

"Hello,it does not. Vr sensor produces a sine wave, so whichever wire is ground (reference) the other will have a sine signal.VR sensor is basically a copper coil on a magnet, so there is no difference really internally."
    Last edited by dlud; 11-20-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I almost forgot, and figured id add a new comment just in case, to make matters even more fun, my ZR1 hubs female plug and the metri pack male mating plug both have stamped “A” and “B” on them for wire IDs, but they are opposite of each other when you plug it together.
    Be careful with the ZR1 hubs. As I have been telling people for years, it is my understanding that the ZR1 hubs are "active sensor" hubs and the wires are clearly differently marked as compared to the standard C5 hubs. We messed with them a little but never managed to use them effectively and since the new ZL1 hubs are much beefier, we have transitioned over to those with external sensors.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Be careful with the ZR1 hubs. As I have been telling people for years, it is my understanding that the ZR1 hubs are "active sensor" hubs and the wires are clearly differently marked as compared to the standard C5 hubs. We messed with them a little but never managed to use them effectively and since the new ZL1 hubs are much beefier, we have transitioned over to those with external sensors.
    Great input here on this, I hadn't seen this warning in the past. I found a nice little o-scope on amazon that should at least help point me in the right direction. For the price of it, its probably not the most accurate piece of equipment out there, but should be able to be used to see if the output signal from the ZR1 hubs is correct polarity wise.

I've also got the newer CTSV alternator so I'll need to check that I'm sending the proper signal to it so that it is turned on and outputting the proper voltage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast