BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fast and Furious delivery....Scene 1005B

Post Thanks / Like

Fast and Furious delivery....Scene 1005B

We made the drive cross country and arrived Saturday. During the drive I received a call from the auto transport driver that they would be there on Sunday. So good timing. Delivery was supposed to be between 6-7 but got pushed back to 9pm.
    I'm storing the car at my sister in laws which is only 10 minutes form my inlaws house so when I received the call that they where there, we set out to meet them. When we got to the truck, the driver said it would be at least a half an hour because they had to get some cars off before getting my coupe out.
    Went to my sister in laws to wait it out.
    My son and I walked over to the truck which had to be about 500 yards from the house. As we where walking I said to my son "I hope we don't get snagged by the police on the short drive" 10 seconds later a police car drove from the opposite direction with lights and sirens to the delivery spot. As we walked up there was already one police car there and within minutes 2 more pulled up.
    They were allerted that there where some very fancy cars being unloaded in a parking lot and it was really suspicious.
    There where a Dodge Helcatt, a Merc G-class SUV, a Lotus Evora, and Range rover and a Maserati Grand Turismo plus of course my Coupe.
    Never seen anything like it in town. Officers checked all the VIN numbers except mine since it doesn't have one yet. They said it looked like a scene from the Fast and Furious. After I explained the situation they seemed a bit more at ease, but still gave the delivery driver a hard time about being on a side street that is not a truck route.
    The Hellcat was on its way to Italy. Big car for little streets, and high gas prices but I guess that if you can buy the car and ship it, that should not be a problem.
    Drove the Coupe off the truck, and the officers lit up when I lit up the engine. Of course a lot of officers are car guys, so once I had it off I opened the hood and showed of the engine.
    Then came the next problem, car is not registered but had to drive it on the street. So I approached the officer in charge and he said "you have to park it , go to DMV across the street (now 9:30 pm mind you)before you can drive it legally on the street" That said I'm leaving this way, the other officers are going the other way. What ever happens after we don't know. Chrystal clear thank you officer.
    So after the cars where loaded up, I drove my Coupe down the street, the cops cleared and all was serene!!
    The only thing I'm disappointed with is that since I left my job, I did not have a cell phone to take pictures.
    Oh well, another coupe story for the history books!!

John
    Last edited by John Dol; 08-26-2015 at 05:34 PM.
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    John,

Great story with a happy ending. It seems that our "vintage" cars tend to get a lot of respect from law enforcement ... much more so than some 20 something year old guy with an exotic supercar that has no common sense. Glad it worked out for you and prayers continue for job prospects, etc.

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Superannuated Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    John -- glad you, your family, and the car all arrived safely. That is one grueling trip. Now, get out of Buffalo before winter, which starts when -- about next week? Seriously, hope the job stuff works out soonest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys,

Hoping to talk to prospects next week.

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013