FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What is best stage to install heater kit?

Post Thanks / Like

What is best stage to install heater kit?

I read in the instructions it is best to install before wiper motor, but can the heater be fitted immediately the firewall is in place? or should it be fitted before the flux capacitor or after the long metal thing?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    The wiper motor must be angled correctly in order for the gear cable to clear the top of the heater, so at least pre-position or mock-up the heater placement before you install the wiper motor to make sure you have adequate clearance for the cable and the wiper gear boxes.
    SOLD 03/2013: MK II #5004: 5.0 EFI: 8.8, 3.55, E303, TW heads, GT40 intake, 24#, 70mm MAF

Ordered MK IV Coyote Complete Kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have not done so already, I recommend downloading the additional manual pages that provide instructions for the wiper installation and heater installation. There are two PDF files available with all of the steps. The manual recommends that the heater be installed first so that you can properly position the wiper motor so that the cable and tubing can travel over the heater. There is also a template in the heater manual that shows the recommended position of the heater assembly on the fire wall. I followed both manuals and did not have any problems. I also recommend that you test the wiper motor before you put the body on. Mine would not return the wipers to the park position. I had to remove the assembly, take it apart and adjust one of the contacts to get it to function properly. I found it more difficult to get the motor out once the body was attached.
    Mk4 Roadster, Picked up complete kit 8/22/14. Most FFR options except Wilwood brakes and IRS. First start 11/11/14. Go-kart 3/8/15. 347 Stroker, TKO 500, 3-link/3.27 rear. PA street legal 7/29/15.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. The heater didn't come with instructions so I will track down the PDF.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got heater instructions I can e-mail you if needed. Send me a PM if interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcglone View Post
    I've got heater instructions I can e-mail you if needed. Send me a PM if interested.
    Found them thanks
    Finally started my build the beginning July. 2015!