Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Greetings everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Greetings everyone!

Hi everyone! Greetings from New Haven, CT! I feel happy to reveal the progress of #269 ready for fiberglass panels. We started in December 2014, and nine months into the project we have a rolling chassis - We took the first test drive in the parking lot last week!!!
    I felt uneasy about showing up here before because I thought we would never finish the project... I was a bit intimidated at first by the immensity of the challenge, and we run into a number of seemingly insurmountable obstacles. We had to improvise and adapt along the way, and more recently we felt more confident about deviating from the book/manual to find more elegant or simple solutions.

I couldn't have done this alone, and credit and kudos go to my son Nic Juncadella and his partner at BoxerWerks, Tristan Kovaitis, who lent their shop space, tools, expertise and generous portions of their scarce time to see this through. Credit also goes to the good folks at PeakAutoPerformance.com for their excellent advice and access to affordable performance parts and components.
    I look forward to driving our car to the open house next summer... I actually hope to be able to get some miles on the road before winter sets in - if that fails there is now the option of "downgrading" to a Coupe conversion! LOL
    Best wishes to all,
    Enrique Juncadella
    818#269-RollingChassis-0806-2015.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. WOW, a go-cart before your first post - a job well done. Enjoy the rest of the build.
    Doug
    Built FFR5196 MKII in 2003, 427w
    Building FFR0058HR, Edlebrock 347-AOD

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome neighbor! We are just over in Shelton, CT and got our 818 street registered last month. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to meet up!
    Tamra
    Building 818SR #297 picked up 10/25/14 with Andrew (xxguitarist)
    First start 12/21/14, First "drive" 1/17/15
    First Dyno at EFI Logics 3/7/15- 310whp at 15psi for break in, full spool by ~3500rpm!
    First autocross 3/29/15
    1st Registered 818 in Connecticut 7/24/2015. 9 months - 1 day from kit pickup!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 68GT500MAN View Post
    Welcome to the forum. WOW, a go-cart before your first post - a job well done. Enjoy the rest of the build.
    Doug
    Thank you, Doug! In fairness, the progress has been posted on Facebook at the BoxerWerks page all along... here is the link:
    https://www.facebook.com/boxer.werks?fref=ts

Best,
    Enrique

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tamra,
    Nice to have cool neighbors!
    And, yes, let's connect to share stories and even better: go "mano a mano" at some auto cross. Follow the one for Jaguar Club of New england... it's scheduled for mid October at Papa's Dodge in New Britain.
    We'll be in touch; take care,
    Enrique

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!Roger