Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Engine Start Checklist

Post Thanks / Like

Engine Start Checklist

I am getting ready for a first start and am busy checking all systems prior to a start. The dizzy is a Professional Products unit and I am using a run of the mill canister type coil. With the ignition on, I am getting 12V between the positive terminal and ground. No voltage on the negative side and no voltage reading between the positive and negative terminals. Positive terminal has the orange coil wire, purple tach wire and positive lead from distributor. Negative terminal has negative lead from distributor. Does this sound right? For some reason I was expecting some kind of reading across the plus and minus terminals with the ignition on. Thanks in advance for comments.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a few general safety things. Push the car into the driveway before you try to start it. A few builders have lost their garages due to engine fires. Have at least one fire extinguisher IN SOMEONES HANDS when you are starting the car.

Good luck and be sure to post a video!!!!

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue