BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What size wheel and ofsett can I run on an MK1?

Post Thanks / Like

What size wheel and ofsett can I run on an MK1?

I'm looking to run Vision 143 torques 18x9.5 on a MKI in the rear and 18x8.5 in the front will it work? If so what offset and largest tire size can I go with without rubbing interference? It has a stock 8.8 and the Fox body control arms in the front. If this will not work what is the largest wheel tire combo/offset and running the deepest dish rim in the rear.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe this is a question for tech support?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not really. As long as the back spacing and outside diameter of the tire are right those will fit. Look at FFRs 17 in wheels for BS specs. IE the common 9x17 has a BS of about 6.0 inches so an 8.5 w/ a BS of 5.5 would work as it would put the outside of the tire in the same place. And that BS could go up to 6.0 w/o problem. Then realize that the common 275/40x17 and 315/35x17 have an OD of about 25.7 so you could go up slightly but not much. The 295/50x15s I ran on my MkI had an OD of 26.7 and they were a tight fit. They hit the 3/4x3/4 tube that goes out to the door latch area. The 315x17s were actually better there.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    18x9.5 -6 back spacing for rears? I'm looking to achieve the deep dish look in the back

Post Thanks / Like
    It's hard to say because I didn't find a picture of that specific size. You will need to see the exact wheel you want before buying. IE: these are what I have on the rear. Both pictures are accurate.
    http://www.americanmuscle.com/dedibuwh.html
    These are the fronts
    http://www.americanmuscle.com/buwh1-9404.html
    As you can see the 10.5s have a nice wide lip whereas the 9s don't.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.