Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mk III Factory Five Cobra for sale - $31,000

Post Thanks / Like

Mk III Factory Five Cobra for sale - $31,000

We have decided to move and have too much to contend with so some happy buyer will reap the benefit of a new, lower price - now $31,000..

A great Factory Five, Mk III. Unless it was out on a cruise with the local Cobra club, it has always been stored in a heated garage. You won’t get out of Starbucks, or anywhere else for that matter, without someone wanting a picture and to tell you about an uncle that had a real one. Yes, every stink’n component in the entire car was bought new, except for the spindles and rebuilt pedal box. The engine is a completely and very carefully rebuilt 302.

Engine details: 302 bored to 304, aligned honed, balanced and then reassembled with new components. (More details: CompCams’ 270H roller cam, Crane roller rockers, Demon carb, Weiand stealth manifold, AFR heads with ARP bolts, Mallory ignition, Taylor plug wires, Crane Fireball ignition, Canton rear sump oil pan, PA Performance 95 Amp 3G alternator, just to highlight a few of the specialty components.) I’m glad you asked: on the dyno, it puts out 330 hp and 320 lbft torque at the rear wheels.

I have receipts or manuals/instructions/tech sheets for virtually all of the major components; just a few of which are: stopping power – disc brakes on all for corners (13 in front, 11.65 rear), handling – Koni coil-over shocks, transmission - Tremec T5 (WC), differential - Ford 8.8 (3.73:1, traction lock) controlled by a 3 link Panhard suspension. The wheels: impressively large and attention getting 17 x 9 on the front and 17 x 11 (new) on the rear.

More details: electronic instruments, the passenger foot well has been enlarged for the rider’s comfort, it does not have power steering or power brakes (just like the originals), but it does have a heater.

I found it to be tough to get the pictures to capture the real yellow but it is Ford D5 - just another shade of blue.

Price: even though I have over $40k in it (not counting for my valuable labor ) this one is priced at $31,000
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dewatson; 03-14-2016 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Lowered price

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking car at a fair price---good luck with the sale!

Jeff