Performance Automotive

Visit our community sponsor

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Chippyhawkeye 818SE build thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Presley View Post
    Where'd ya mount the intercooler???
    If you look to the right of the transaxle you can see the water cooled controllers cooling system. Close enough?? LOL.

Did you ever have one of those days? Well today was one for me. I was on the way to having everything done on the 818E by Tuesday afternoon. I was modifying the trunk and installing the 2 rear covers when some buddies came by. One was looking the car over and said how did you crack the windshield? I said what!!! Sure enough the drivers side cracked down low. The glass shop warned me that the frame was way out of wack when they installed the glass. They were afraid the fiberglass surround was going to crack to try to get it all together. Though with clamps they were able to install the window OK. I guess it had too much stress on it. Nothing has touched it since last Thursday. It took a week to crack. As per Mauldin's Auto-glass I am ordering a new frame and windshield from FFR. Courtney at FFR helped me out and it will all be waiting for me when I get my GTM kit on Feb. 6th. Thanks Courtnie. Here is some pics of the back and finished trunk.

IMG_1439.JPGIMG_1437.JPGIMG_1438.JPGIMG_1435.JPGIMG_1436.JPG

I have finished up 95% of the car. It will have to wait to be done in late Feb. or early March. Here is some photos and a short video. That is about 1/2 throttle. If I floor it the tires light up, Woo Hoo!

IMG_1451.JPGIMG_1452.JPGIMG_1453.JPGIMG_1454.JPG

Very cool guys. Well done.
    www.33machine.com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567