Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Something old, something new......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Something old, something new......

....something borrowed...

Since I'm self-teaching the moron building my car to measure and order pushrods, I would like to borrow a valve spring compressor and a checking pushrod. For the valve spring compressor, I need the kind that works without removing the head (I have 7/16" rocker studs). For the pushrod (5/16"), I need one that will handle the range of 6.6" to 7". Obviously, I'd be happy to cover all the postage both ways.
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it".

Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Looks like I'll need to buy them today, so if anyone else out there needs them let me know.

Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Joe,

I have a valve spring tool if you need it, not sure it's the one your looking for, but I replaced all my valve springs last year without taking the heads off.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Why don't I pick it up tomorrow. I'll know when I see it if it'll work with my double springs. Can you leave it somewhere so i can swing by during the day or I can go tomorrow night when you're home.

Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry joe, just checked this, I'll put it on the wall in front of the house tonight when I get home if you still want to try it out.
    just realized that my old email address was here, if you want, you can PM me as well.....
    Last edited by Gratz; 09-04-2015 at 07:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Gratz, I have double valve springs so the compressor is fairly specific for my needs. I actually ordered one from Jeg's yesterday because I had to fill out an order. I'm in "no working on the car" mode until Tuesday anyway, so I won't need to take you up on yours. Thanks anyway.

Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    I think mine are doubles as well, but your call, welcome to it if you want to give it a try..