Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Turn signal problems

Post Thanks / Like

Turn signal problems

Confused signal light
    Hope someone can help.
    Finished up wiring my lights last night. Follows the directions from the forums as for hooking the lights up so I'm very confident they are correct. The problem I'm having is the front turn signal are working opposite the rears which are correct. The running lights are fine as well as the brakes. In addition, the hazards will not work unless the turn signal is either left or right.
    I am using both indicator lights and they work correct. I took the hazard switch out and that did not help. Ohmed green wire from switch to left front turn light and that checked good. Going to dig into it again tonight but would really appreciate any advise beforehand.

Thanks
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    that's funny...interesting not haha. I know i wired mine per instructions but when i finally put the bulbs in the dash indicators were correct but the directionals were backwards. the body was already painted so i just flipped the rear harness and ended up swapping the fronts at the harness split at the lower front left. just cut the blue and green and switched them. I also used an SDC self cancelling module, one of the best add-ons i did and very simple to hook up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Turns out the harness was put together incorrectly. I cut and crossed the green and light blue on the drivers side where the harness splits, alls well!

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Which harness are you using?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ron Francis that came with the complete kit

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the heads up, I have the RF harness too, I'll make sure to check for the problem when it's in.